Is this a panic attack

Fordflairside

It all started with a head cold. I was taking alka-selzer plus cold med. I had taken it for three days. On the third morning I took some and about a hour latter I couldnt sit still. I was in and out of the house. Out one door and in another. I could not sit still. This went on until about 9 pm and I decided to go to the hospital. At the hospital I was told that I had accute broncitus and hypertension. My blood pressure was 162/115. I was given antibiotics and sent home. At home I laid down for two hours and woke up with a strong feeling that I had to get out of the house and be outside. I went outside and started pacing again around the house. This went on all night. The next day I went to my doctor and was told that I was having a panic attack. I could not even sit in the waiting room. I had to get outside. They did blood test and also a 24 hour pee test with no results. He prescribed xanax and i went home and took one and was able to go to sleep. Over the next several days This kept occuring. I returned to my doctor and he prescribed klonoton. Iam not allowed to take this type of drug because of the work I do. The symtems I have are my mind is racing and I cant sit still. It is like I have all kinds of energy. I am always wanting outside. This has gone on for days. I did finaly take the klonoton and it did calm me down. Is this a panic attack. I dont feel like I am in fear of anything and it last for hours and does not go away without the medication. Hope someone can make sense of this.

xSleepy

im sorry but i was too lazy to read your whole post. but i did read some of the last sentences. a panic attack is when you are very afraid or scared. just plain in fear. its a horrible feeling. panic attacks i guess are kinda like having a rush of energy, but not really a good kind of energy.

so my opinion would be no. you are not having a panic attack. its more like a hyper attack....if theres such a thing