is this a good idea? need honest opinion before i do something stupid

well lately something has been bugging me lately and its about an old crush i had on this girl back in high school, you know the kind where your heart actually beats 10 faster than it probably should when they are around and your always thinking about them. Well unfortunately for me at that time i generally suppressed those emotions that were starting to come up (which is a very bad thing to do) and recently as i have stated before i want to put that whole event behind me by emailing her that i had such feelings at that time. I m not trying to start anything and am not trying to get a response from this but i want some type of closure. I guess that i should say was that i liked her and wasn't confident enough to accept the inevitable. Thanks to anyone who can give an opinion on this idea.

p.s
sorry on the bad grammar

Last edited:

Ren Koutaisou

I will suggest that you do not send the email unless you are prepared to spend a time with the person because she might like you. Think about how she can respond and prepare yourself for any outcome.

How long has it been?

its been a while 3 years at least, i think i shouldn't email her but i honestly need a second opinion. I.m sure the world moved on and i think i should do that too.

I agree with Ren, definitely think out all possible outcomes before you send her an email. I think it's courageous to tell her though, and get it off your chest, but just remember that she might be completely taken by surprise. Don't doubt yourself though, you say you weren't "confident enough to accept the inevitable", are you saying she'd definitely reject you? You never really know what chicks are thinking - trust me. I once had those same feelings for someone who I thought was waaaaay out of my league and never would have been interested in me, and eventually I told him how I felt and we've been together for almost six years now. So anyway, whatever you say, say it with confidence and remember that she might have felt the same way! Best of luck :)

DD

Ren Koutaisou

I think you should do it because if you don't then you might keep thinking about it. Three years is not too long of a time but it's beginning to be quite...

Clearly this is a person you're putting a lot of thought into so you should do it. Just make sure you are confident enough in case you have to meet up with her, don't try to keep emailing her because she might get bored. Do some push-ups before you send the email.

What's the worst that can happen?

FOR REAL thanks for the bump. Debbie and Ren, thanks for your opinions! I guess i have to be prepared for anything if things do happen and have I have to do it with confidence. But I do have problems, which are very terrible and i do not think that i deserve/should be around another person because of this. so far it has only generated a negative outcome and i don't like infecting people with it.

Don't ever tell yourself that because of your problems you don't deserve to be around another person. You deserve to be loved and adored and when you find someone or a group of people who can accept you just as you are, that's when it will happen - and that's when they'll deserve your affection in return. You have feelings too! lol That's my new motto...

Ren Koutaisou

I have problems that make me feel like I don't deserve other people too, but it's not true that you don't deserve someone. You have to take risks and gamble, try your luck, etc.

Try to stop thinking that you don't deserve anyone, that will just get you screwed up very badly and you will miss tons of opportunities, like this one.

You have problems, just like every other person in the world. But you are asking for help, which proves you're on your way upward and out of your mess.

but my problems can cause actual harm to people and i should be getting help before doing something like this, when I'm better..

edit: you know what i can fix those problems and still attempt to have a normal life, because the only thing that is actually stopping me is me, thanks for the help you guys

Last edited: