Is Odaban good for palmar HH?

MyShadow

Can someone tell me if Odaban is good for treating sweaty hands?

I've been using it for a week and so far I see no improvement.

How much are you supposed to apply? How long before seeing results?

Thanks.

Stuckwithme

Hands and feet has thick skin. Rarely stuff like that works well on the hands. In the armpits though the skin is thin so there it often works well.

HH

I used Odaban everyday on my hands for just over two weeks and it worked to a certain extent but my hands were really dry but still slightly sweaty-very strange feeling. It felt like my hands were covered in a fine layer of PVA glue. After two weeks I stopped using it and got a ionto machine, that works so much better and my hands are dry and feel normal now.

I think Odaban is only mainly for underarm

MyShadow

Thanks for the replies.

Is there any topical product that works to stop hands from sweating?

Or is iontophoresis the best option to stop sweaty hands? If so, which ionto machine should I buy?

HH

I don't think there is any topical product that stops hand sweating completely (maybe if you have a very, very mild form of hyperidrosis). I think this is because there's so many pores that cover the hands-thousands more than the armpits, that these products don't work that well.

If you''re going to start ionto treatments then get a good machine-get the idromed or idrostar. I use the idromed 4 GS and its great, don't buy the drionic as it only covers the finger tips which is really stupid.

The unit cost me around £300 which is a lot for what it is but I was desperate at the time and needed to get the problem sorted. People have been known to make their own ionto machines.

good luck

dougy

Hmm, Driclor seems to work for my palmar HH. As a rating on 0-10 with 0 dry and 10 dripping wet my palmar HH would be probably 6-7 as it was wet all the time, couldn't shake hands without wiping, couldn't hold onto a pole without slipping etc.

I've been dry on the hands for about a month now.

I think it all comes down to technique on how to apply it.

For my hands, I put a decent amount all over from the places I know I sweat (palms, fingers, thumbs, wrist etc). I make sure my hands are completely dry before applying the Driclor (using a heater and baby powder) then once I've applied it I make sure my hands are completely dry again (heater). I then carefully put a plastic bag over my hands with socks to hold them in place. (A bit weird but hey if you get results). I did that every night for a week and now I'm down to 1-2 times a week.

Just wanted to post as I've had some success with Driclor and that Iontophoresis isn't the only treament for palmar HH.

Weirdo

Driclor is really weird. It made my hands so dry that the skin cracked, yet at the same time they were sweating like always :O