Is it SA/SP that keeps people from listing their location?

FB2190

I've noticed that most users don't list their location in their profile.
Is social anxiety/phobia the reason why people avoid giving their location?

Thoughts?

Tryin

may be. and even less people post their hobbies and other info. the same reason, probably.

Plurby

I think online you are a community in a forum like this. You don't really need to know where a person lives or what hobbies they have. They aren't pre-requisites to listening to someone's points of view.

arjuna

Plus, it is personal information that people may not want to give. Not just because they are shy, but for privacy.

sensitive

This makes no sense. It's not a personal information to mention where you are from. You aren't supposed to mention where you specifically live like city or where exactly in the city.

Tryin

no, sensitive, location is no personal information. its just that.. wel, internet is great thing (and for the same reason sometimes dangerous) because online you can be anyone you want to be. for some of us (including me) SPW gives the only opportunity to communicate without being hold down by anxiety. we can feel like a whole new person and maybe want to forget our real lives (at least for a moment). thats (i think) why many people dont post any information about themselves. because they just want to enjoy the freedom offered by internet.
and why not?