Is it possible...

DaaaBulls

that we only hear about the negative experiences with ETS and none of the positive outcomes?

I figure that if someone had it successfully then they have no need to come online and talk about it. Maybe it's really only like 2-5 % of people who come away with bad side effects and those are the people we hear from. I don't know what to do anymore, my parents have offered to help me pay for the surgery because they want the HH to stop holding me back from all of the things I want to do. I cannot live like this anymore, maybe it's time to take a chance. I don't want to screw myself up anymore obviously but if I am leading the same lifestyle in 10 years whats the point anyways?

ultrafrost

hey, daaabulls, do you still do iontophoresis therapy? I have done 10 sessions, it seems to have some positive results now. what I find useful is adding less water. But I'm not certain because the weather in my area is cool these days.

Stuckwithme

My opinion is that if HH makes you feel so bad that it makes you start to think about death and if it makes you stay indoors and not live a full life, then maybe ETS is something to concider.

Personally I only suffer from mild HH so I would never take a chance with ETS. There are so many negative things with ETS that I dont even know where to begin and also there is a potential risk that side effects may be even worse than you started of with like impotence, slow beating heart, compensatory sweating and so on. I would just kill myself if that happened to me. No one knows what cutting these nerves really does to you and while it is not normal to sweat like we do, it is not normal either to not sweat at all from the nipples up and sweat like a pig on the ass. It doesn't cure Hyperhidrosis, that is important to know. The body still will suffer from a heat problem, the only thing that has been done is to block the nerve impuls from the brain to the chest and head area.

From what I have read in swedish doctor magazines, people seem generally happy with the procedure. I think something around 80% are happy and the rest suffer from problems and a few % wish they would never have done it. And that's the thing. What if you are that %. It will ruin your life so bad so it is like russian roulette and you can never have it undone.

Only you know if you want to take that chance. Collect as much information as you can but be careful with your sources. For example, don't only listen to the doctors who operates because they want you to do with because it means money in their pockets.

Stuckwithme

Yes, but then again, if you feel like you are close to the edge and giving up on your life, maybe you should consider it. But be very, very careful about who you go to. Man, I wish I could help you, but only you know what to do.

In my country where ETS was first used it has been banned. My dermatologist who is one of the first to use Botox to treat HH told me not to do the ETS. I dont know if that means anything to anyone but just so you know.

I guess I made you even more confused now, sorry about that. But my point is, read, read, read, ask, ask, talk to doctors, people (try to get a chat with someone who has been through with it) and study and make your decision. Only you know the answer!

I wish you the very best whatever you decide to do.

cm123

that we only hear about the negative experiences with ETS and none of the positive outcomes?

I figure that if someone had it successfully then they have no need to come online and talk about it. Maybe it's really only like 2-5 % of people who come away with bad side effects and those are the people we hear from. I don't know what to do anymore, my parents have offered to help me pay for the surgery because they want the HH to stop holding me back from all of the things I want to do. I cannot live like this anymore, maybe it's time to take a chance. I don't want to screw myself up anymore obviously but if I am leading the same lifestyle in 10 years whats the point anyways?

Interesting point, If you talk to "Pinker" he extensively researched this topic. I believe it has actually been determined that the bad results were mainly given by people who got ETS down for facial blushing problems and not actual sweating problems. With this in mind I think it was found that ETS was actually safe and helped most HH sufferers. Personally I would wait another 5 years before looking towards ETS, I believe new HH medicines are on there way. Personally, I would have ETS done if none of the other methods to prevent HH were working.

Talked to Pinker, and talk to a doctor who performs many ETS procedures a year.