is it normal to seem awkard on dates?

virtue

just wondering if a girl goes out with a guy and he seems a little awkward when they first meet,is that pretty normal or will she think he is really shy, i dont even know if i am really shy,but i hate the fact that if she thinks i am she wont like me cause i seem weak, man i really need a bit more confidence

groove88

yeh for sure the first can always seem a bit arkward. ive had that happen to me a number of times, but i have found most girls always like to give it another shot. if course, rather than thinking about "is it arkward at the begginng of a date" try to focus on being yourself, physically healthy and having a good time :D

cuill

It's natural for everyone to feel akward on dates sometimes. I went out with a girl I knew in highschool this last weekend. We haven't seen each other for a decade. Now, usually I'm the nervous, akward one, but this time I wasn't, and I notice that she was a little. It was cute, and a sure signal that she was, at least a little bit, interested in me. So don't worry about being a little akward. Try focusing on the other person, to see if they're feeling nervous too. That will really help you relax, trust me.

lia

virtue said:
just wondering if a girl goes out with a guy and he seems a little awkward when they first meet,is that pretty normal or will she think he is really shy, i dont even know if i am really shy,but i hate the fact that if she thinks i am she wont like me cause i seem weak, man i really need a bit more confidence

I'd think it was a little of both. And honestly, I think its cute when guys are just as nervous as me.

of_darkness

you guys must be pretty well off by getting far enough with a girl to ask her on a date..

i either meet them with friends, never getting a chance to talk, or meet them on my own and never have the confidence to talk normally, then instantly regret it.

If only you could just say "oh hang on, could you just ask me that conversation starting question one more time? i think i know how to answer it in the way anyone else would, now. that would be good! eheh.."

That would make my life perfect.

But from my experiences, one a girl sees how shy you are you're kinda screwed. on a simple social talking level. But surely by meeting up with a girl with the intension of going out with her, how can she not know the real you already? If not then you should be nervous and she can be forgiven for not seeing what you're really like, seems like an odd kind of way to go out with a girl you've never met...

rubius

I don't think that they notice how nervous you are. I always think that everyone can tell how nervous I am and a lot of the time I have been told that no one noticed. It is part of the disease. Try to remind yourself that it is not likely that they are paying attention to your nervousness and try to get some control over the anxiety. If you are on meds take an extra one before the date (if the doctor says it is ok) and if you have excessive sweat try wearing something cool and carrying a hanky. That is what I do. Also pick a movie as your first date. They will focus on the movie instead of you for at least part of the time and that will give you a bit of a break from your fears. Hope this helps. Good Luck!