is it a good idea to have friends?

jigglypuff

I want to start off by saying I love my friends and I appreciate the friendship
but every time I'm around them my self esteem goes down 'cause they're all better than me I don't know they're all these good looking smart outgoing people and then there's me this depress anxiously social blob
I feel like it's better just not to have them around I don't know I feel like I hold them back or something like I'm just a burden
I'm too scared to talk about my feelings with them because i'll just be wasting their time...
I mean they seem better off without me
I just want to be left alone with my miserable self like that I wont bother anyone
to be honest I don't have many friendships I only have 4 friends and they seem okay with out me
I wont be miss and I'm okay with that
but I don't know what do you guise think ?

Lilly789

if you have that many friends you are doing pretty well ;)

I agree with you, it was too hard to keep my friends - too hard and too hard on me and too much of a burden for them, so now I don't have any.

Everyone is going to be ok without you. the point is, they are CHOOSING to be with you - they don't have to be. They are with you because they like you and appreciate you in some way - otherwise they wouldn't bother.

in which case, it would be kinda insulting to them just to dump them.

jigglypuff

if you have that many friends you are doing pretty well ;)

I agree with you, it was too hard to keep my friends - too hard and too hard on me and too much of a burden for them, so now I don't have any.

Everyone is going to be ok without you. the point is, they are CHOOSING to be with you - they don't have to be. They are with you because they like you and appreciate you in some way - otherwise they wouldn't bother.

in which case, it would be kinda insulting to them just to dump them.

one out of four does appreciate the friendship and I think having just one friend is better than having a few
two are becoming distant
and I guess I shouldn't even consider one of them a friend since that person only used me to get close to one of my friend's and well that person slowly is pushing me away and eventually they'll stop talking to me once they get what they want
I was used once again so technically I only have 3 friends

Whoopdeedoo

Ive been feeling like that too. And im hoping it will pass and soon
I didnt always feel like this
Im thinking we re just both in a bad space. And for now im just going to breath,
Observe the feeling and try not engage with that negative feeling as best i can
Negative self talk bad! But i get it. I do things all the time i shouldnt

DSK91

Try not to think so much. I agree with the other comment, if someone doesn't want to be around you, they won't be. People with out personalities tend to concoct stories about what the people around us think and feel. Don't be the one to end a relationship, it's a slippery slope. As bad as you believe you are now, I assure you, you can regress. Don't settle for the comfort you feel at home alone because it doesn't last.

alxbkr

Stop comparing yourself to them.
If you have problems, talk to them. They're your friends for a reason. They're supposed to support you. Take advantage of that