Iontophoresis with Glycopyrrol Mouth Dryness?

SweatyBoi

I've tried so many different things to get my hands to not sweat so much. I finally found the solution to that, and that was iontophoresis with crushed pills of Glycopyrrol. It works great. Almost perfect. Under the most stressful situations the only place I sweat on my hands is just slightly on the fingertips of my index finger and thumb.

The drawback to this is that I have to keep up this treatment every two days. Fifteen minutes each hand. The thing that I can not take about this is that it dries up my entire my mouth and throat. This is kind of odd because I'm not taking the pills orally, and one would think it should only be affecting my hands but it dries up my throat a great deal.

I can't tolerate this because I love to sing. If I continue to sing with my throat as dry as it is, I WILL end up damaging my vocal chords for either weeks at a time or perhaps even permanently. I was so happy to find a solution that FINALLY worked for a problem I've struggled with for so long, but it's been at the expense of taking away one of my biggest joys.

Does anyone know of anything that can help my throat? Prescriptions, mouth sprays, etc. I've looked into some of the Biotene products and have considered them. Does anyone have any input on those? I'm not looking for remedies like gum or candy. Having those in my mouth while singing is far less than ideal. It would be nice to be able to do something about the dryness. I don't want to have to choose between singing or dry hands.

Also, I don't understand why this ionto treatment only works fully for about 2 days at a time. By the time my throat gets a break, it's time to go back to ionto and dry it out again. It's constantly dried out. Please help guys :(

Sprawling

I find this fascinating that the Glycopyrrol with ionto has a major effect on you. Years ago when I tried crushing the pills for my ionto treatment it had zero effect. I know that ionto is supposed to help drugs absorb into your body faster. Have you tried lowering the dosage of the crushed glyco?

Interesting that you are not taking the glyco orally. Definitely cut down on your dosage.

Ionto has different effects on how long it lasts for different people.

margiehope

I use several of the Biotene products and they do help. I use the mouthwash, toothpaste and a gel you just put on your tongue. My dental hygienist suggested these, as dry mouth can also cause dental problems.
I'm sure there are other products which would help, but Biotene's easily available, and does the work of the basic products. (By that I mean you need toothpaste and mouthwash anyway).

SweatyBoi

I see, that's interesting. Thanks for sharing about the biotene. Could you give me a little more details about it? How many times do you brush/use the mouthwash a day? Does it really help keep the mouth and throat moist? I plan to try it for myself but I'm just curious :)

If I don't have any luck with biotene I might cut down on the dosage just like Sprawling suggested, or maybe a mixture of both.