Iontophoresis, questions regarding homemade treatments

alphabeez

Hello,

I initially joined just to learn from everyone's experiences here and read as much I can on your empirical knowledge. Although I have read a considerable amount of threads here, I still have a few questions regarding various experiences with homemade Iontophoresis devices. The intensity of my hand sweating seems to be relatively severe and in congruence with some of the moderate to severe cases that I have read from various threads. The only difference I seem to notice is I have not had this condition all my life and it has only been prevalent in my recent years. I also have a theory on what caused it, if anyone is interested (PM me).

I'm an extremely outgoing individual and personally don't care if my hands are soaking wet when I touch someone. I will also inform the uninformed when they make a remark such as "ew, your hands are clammy" of Hyperhidrosis and the associated sympto and how detrimental those remarks can be for someone struggling with the condition. At that point in the conversation, the person usually turns red, and feels extremely embarrassed for attempting to lable me a pariah. I guess I'm just lucky and weird because I don't get embarrassed and never have, at least about my hands. Please do not interpret this as me boasting about what problems I lack. I sympathize for ALL who have that problem. My personal reasoning for treatment is so I can type, grip things, and a few other daily activities that have been increasingly challenging.

What I'm looking for are answers from your personal experiences so that I can develop a better illustration of what possible challenges I may encounter and learn from your mistakes. I quickly realized that 12v (2 lantern batteries) was not enough.

What I'm using:
{
2 X 9v Batteries (rechargeable) = 18v

Higher quality test leads and connections [upgraded from the previous homemade device(2 lantern batteries, cheap wire, aluminum pans)]

2 regular, cheap pans

2 (thin "sponge-like" rags to keep hands from touching bottom of the pan)

Tap water
}

My Current Schedule: (I have been on this for two days)
{
Every evening at 6 pm (I try to stick to this time)

10 minutes, each polarity
}

My Prior Schedule: (with the 12v homemade device)
{
6 pm, Daily

15 minutes, each polarity
NOTE: I did this for 6 days, then took 1 day off before starting the dual 9 volt homemade device)
}

My questions are:

1. Did your hands sweat more, initially after a few treatments?

For Example: My hands remain dry for a period of about 30-90 minutes post treatment. Then throughout the day, they will sporadically be dry then go into an excessive sweat. It seems recently they have been sweating more frequently and more intensely.

2. I know it can take time, and combined daily treatments only sum up to 8 days, but is there a way to increase the speed in which I attain a positive result?

3. I have read a lot, as stated before, but I am specifically asking for any additional tips, tricks, and advice. I tried to be as detailed as possible to allow you to understand.

NOTE: Tap water was used, I have tested my water: (not unfamiliar to this either, so they are accurate readings)
(Mineral level in PPM)
Mg Ca Na K Mg
2.88 14.13 3.60 1.68

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

alphabeez

The integrity of the format for minerals in the water was lost when I submitted the post so here is another so it can be comprehended.

Mg >> 2.88
Ca >> 14.13
Na >> 3.60
K Mg >> 1.68

CharlesN

Hi Alphabeez. My comments would be:

I think longer sessions might help? I started with 18 V (3 lantern batteries) at 15 minutes per and upped it to 35-40 minutes per. Then went to 24 V at 45 minutes per daily until hands totally dry. I posted it recently my whole set up and everything. If you search down it won't be that far back. Unfortunately I know nothing about the water quality or minerals and such where I live. I'm just happy it works and haven't messed around with it because it is working. I'm glad you haven't let this thing bother you the way it did/does most of us. That is very good to hear.

Unfortunately the thing about ionto seems to be that every person reacts a little differently and no one really knows exactly why it works for some and not for others.

Some of the others will be by and they have a tonne of info to offer so try to be patient.

Good luck,