Iontophoresis problem

hoplaba

Hi guys
I've been using homemade iontophoresis device for about a year and it worked surprisingly good. My hands were completely dry never get a molecule of sweat from my hands, feet and armpit even though I just cured my hands with it. And I use to sweat from all those 3 areas.

The problem is that last week results were kinda reduced. I can't get my hands 100% dry and I'm afraid it will get worse. I have read somewhere that water plays big role in iontophoresis so I suspect that this might be a problem.
Recently there was some kind of breakdown in water system like 2-3 weeks ago. And I suspect that it might be that they add some kind of supplements to water like chlorine or such to distill water. Did any of you had any problems with it ? Or maybe some kind of elements are missing in water like aluminum ?

Would it be safe if I try add aluminum foil into water to try add more aluminum into it, and mix it with sodium bicarbonate ? I use stainless steel containers btw.

One thing more, I noticed that now after treatment I don't get so much redness on my hands as I use to before, could this mean something ? I use laptop charger on 24V maybe the voltage dropped ? :S

I'm thankful for any advice.

Last edited:

Sprawling

First off I think it's great that you are using a laptop charger for your treatment. It's affordable and just as effective as the big box DC units.

It's very possible that your water changed as you described. You can try adding baking soda to see if that helps. If you can collect some rain water, you can mix that in with your tap water. Some people find that certain bottled waters work.

It's possible the lap charger went bad? You can check it with a cheap voltmeter. If you don't have access to one maybe a friend who works on cars or is an electrician can check it out for you.

Maybe something else changed in your life? Possibly a new medication? Maybe stressed more than usual? Maybe an illness such as the flu or a cold?

Sometimes ionto can mysteriously stop working. I've had that happen over the past 8 years. You may need to change your ionto schedule. If you do treatment every 7 days, try doing it every 5. I've had to change my treatment schedule many times.

If you can get hold of some glyco and add some to the water, it may help?

hoplaba

Thanks for reply

I've tried adding soda to water it gets a little better. I can get my hands dry but it doesnt need long for fingers to get wet again.
Now my hands (the dry area) kinda gets like super dry with white stripes like a dust.. probably dust from soda. I bought new charger since I don't have device to measure voltage just to try out if thats the reason. Its not really big deal for hands, but when my hand get wet my armpit and feet start sweating and it leaves those huge wet marks on shirts. It seems to me its all kinda wired :question:

Where could I get this glyco you were mentioning? What's its full name ?
Can I order it online..

Thanks you for help it really means a lot to me.

86theHH

Add baking soda and Epsom salt to your water bath. They are the most helpful additions and also are the best for creating a more conductive solution for the iontophoresis to work.

The full name of glyco is glycopyrrolate. I only use the prescription from my dermatologist, since buying it online seems shady. The medicine's original intended use was to treat ulcers, but the side effect is a reduction in sweating. I use it and find it very helpful for generalized HH.

hoplaba

Water seems not to be the reason. I bought some bottled hard water with really huge numbers of calcium iron and other stuff, even HCO3- was 372(which I found somewhere that it plays big role). After few days treatment nothing changed, and I usually see some results after 3-4 days. I'm gonna try giving a rest few days then try some other schedule.

I really didn't had any schedule I just did it randomly when it gets to my mind. Sometimes I forgot do it for a long time like 2-3 weeks and then I need to redo initial treatment. Should I start like all over again.. I mean do I need to do the initial treatment or continue normally ?

I dont have any kind of sickness... nothing unusual. I had flue and cold this winter but ionto still worked fine.

@Sprawling
By the way.. does ionto still works for you ?

Last edited:

Sprawling

I can get my hands close to 100% dry for days, weeks or random intervals. My problem is that Fibromyalgia turns my body inside out. It plays a huge role in how well ionto treatment goes. Using Antihidral+Odaban increases the dryness factor.

Tonight I have a party to attend. My ahnds are currently slightly moist, which I believe will taper down once I arrive. Plus, the woman who I went on a couple of dates with will be there. That alone as we all know triggers a reaction. But like I said, My hands will calm down.

Over the years on various forums, the topic of how ionto can just stop working. Nobody truly understands why it works. It's all theories.

Good idea to alter your treatment schedule. I've had to alter mine many times.

hoplaba

Yeah I know how it feels :( I hope everything goes as you planned.

Btw, after a sleep last night I noticed some changes. Now my fingerprints which were most wet and use to be wrinkled from wet now are completely dry. But middle area is still wet. This is weird, usually fingerprints were the last to stop. :S

NickM

Hey guys, I'm new! I've been reading posts on this site for a while, but I finally got an account. I'm starting iontophoresis soon. I've done oral treatment with glycopyrrolate, and I've had success with it, but it wears off, and the dry mouth is really awful. Anyway, I'm going to try iontophoresis with regular tap water and see how it goes. If I have any problems I'm going to crush up glyco and add it to the water. I'm determined to beat my HH with ionto, and I think it's my answer. From what I've read, I think you need to have a regular routine to keep the effect. Best of luck to you hoplaba!

Sprawling

For less than $200 you can get "ultra g galvanic stimulator." For way less than that you can use a universal laptop power supply or an AC to DC converter.

There is a way to do ionto within any budget without getting the big name brand machines. Just sharing this info for those of you contemplating ionto.