Iontophoresis Metal Plates and Rust

surfsider

So im using an iontophoresis machine the Idromed 5 GS and I'm wondering how to prevent the metal plates from rusting? I live by the beach and things get rusty quickly. Anyone have suggestions on keeping them clean and rust free? Thanks.

klamm76

Dont U have rust-free metal plates?Or is it aluminium.

I have used idrostar device know for over 2 years.I live also near the sea, about 300 meters.And my plates dosnt rust,they have only got a little miss collored (little black and blue marks)..But I always wipe them really dry after each treatment.

And offcourse dont let them come near black steal,dont get any cuts in them,etc.

If they rust all the time for you,I would advice you to by or make some new ones made by rust-free steel by a good quality in a ordinary metal mechanic shop or something like that.Make sure that they havent come near black steel before U by them!If you do:)

I have also heard that some like aluminium better then rust-free steel?For me rust-free steel works great.Hehe,maybe your plates only is made by black steel?No that stupid can not the fabrikater be!