Iontophoresis......HELPPPPPP please.

hydroman123

Hey guys,
Ive been using the Idrostar iontophoresis device for the last six months or so with great results. I had to perform the maintainence treatments almost daily but it was a very small price to pay since my hands were at 100% dry all the time.
However recently my left hand started sweating again and now its pretty bad. Its no where near as bad as it was but still the results are definitely deteriorating. I have never changed the routine and have never missed a treatment. I always use the black wire on my left hand and the current feels less strong on my left throught both polarities.
Honestly I am dead scared that I am somehow becoming immune to iontophoresis. Any thoughts, any help.......anything at all would be most welcome.
THANKS.

klamm76

Hi hydroman123.

I also use idrostar.It seems to work different from people to people,so everybody needs to experience whit them self in my oppinium!

I dont know how many times I have answered simular questions like this.
But for me.

First I followed the manuel that follows,I was not satisfayed.

Then I took 14-15 treatments and it worked 90-95% dry on hands/feet.Then I waited the first time and saw how long I could go before the sweating started again,before I took the treatment again.
It took about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks.Problem was that I almost had to start all over again.So I did! Took 14-15 treatments again every other day. And after that I took 1 treatment once every week.And for the 5-10% that the ionto didnt take care of,that was my fingertips, I used dehydral-cream 4-5 times 1 week,then 1-2 times every week as maintance.

So to your concerne.I cant claim this,but I think that U are overdoing the treatments.Every day I think is to much.Now if I where U,I would wait a few days and not take any treatments,then start over again,and do the maintance treatment after that and stick to it.

I have used idrostar for hands/feet for over 3 years now,and like U always done the same procedyre.I have the black wire on my feet trays,and red for my hands.I think the black is the strongest?,but as long as is works for me I continue doing it this way,even if my hand is the biggest problem.

Another thing that I did wrong in the start,was that I used around 20 Ma and later I found out that 10-13 Ma I got better results.

And if this doesnt work,U can try baking soda or glyco in the watertrays.I have not tried this personaly,but many other have whit great result.But I think there can be some side-effects whith glyco like dry mouth,etc.Read some of Pinkers post on this.

I dont think U have got immune to it even if I have heard of simular stories before.But at least one of these stories have been that they have moved and the waterquality has not been that good and vica verca.

Slow down,and try another go.Not so intensive is my first advice.And maybe try to slow down the Ma if U have it to high?

tnx:)

hydroman123

Hey klamm76, thanks for the reply. Is one or twice weekly maintenance enough for you? Doesnt the sweating (particularly around fingertips) come back?
What I really want to know is whether you have had any relapses and what you did about it. I was thinking of putting both hands in the tray with the red lead and one foot in the tray with the black lead.
The current Ive always used is around 13.5mA which goes up to around 16.5mA on its own. I use it for 12 minutes on each polarity.
The thing is , it was working GREAT. Im really at a loss to explain why its not now. The maintenance treatments never worked properly for me. I experimented for a good six months before trying daily treatments.
Its difficult to take a break from the treatments because I have exams coming up and I really need dry hands for them.
One last question----how dry are your fingertips? Did the iontophoresis ever work well on them? Sorry for all the questions and thanks a bunch for your help.

bigchris

Right, so you do 15 treatments, for every other day and then stick to doing it once or twice a week as "maintenance"? Is this the best way of doing it? I'm doing the homemade version from that youtube video, has anybody got any other tips to help me? Such as water amounts, temperatures. Thanks.