iontophoresis didn't work for me

ultrafrost

Hi, all
I treated my hands/feet with iontophoresis for a long long time, but still I never experience the feeling of dry hands.
Last year, I bought a Drionic device and used it for about 1 month, nothing happened. Then I ordered a pricy Idromed 4 PS in February, after 1 month treatment (everyday, 30 hrs in total, 1 hrs/day, 20-25mA), I still didn't get my hands dry. After reading posts on the forum, I guessed that the current intensity would be too high. So, recently, I restarted my therapy ( 12-13mA, everyday, 30min), after 15 days treatment, my hands still sweat a lot. I don't know why.

am I the person that is unlucky with iontophoresis? or the water in my region is not suitable for the treatment?

:cry:
I don't know what to do next, I'm so jealous of other lucky people have success with iontophoresis.
:cry:
help please!

HH

maybe its the water you are using-hard water is best, that reminds me i must do a treatment tonight-sigh

iDShaDoW

Have you tried adding baking soda? You only need a very little bit of it, like a pinch.

Also, I've read about people getting glycopyrrolate solution from their doctor to add to the water during iontophoresis. Not sure if I got the spelling on that right so anyone feel free to correct me.

ultrafrost

iDShaDoW said:
Have you tried adding baking soda? You only need a very little bit of it, like a pinch.

Also, I've read about people getting glycopyrrolate solution from their doctor to add to the water during iontophoresis. Not sure if I got the spelling on that right so anyone feel free to correct me.
yes, I belive that water quality plays a part.
But I don't know why different iontophoresis device manufacturers have different regimen.
Idrostar and MD1A recommend their users to treat hands every 2-3 days, while idromed and drionic tell their users to use it everyday.
even some members on this forum said that they did the treatments 2-3 times in one day!
I don't know why. these devices are based on the same principle.

I'm the unlucky person born with HH, I wish I would not be the unlucky one iontophoresis doesn't work for.

god bless

sorry for my poor english~ :(

hydroman123

Hey, ultrafrost. I almost gave up on iontophoresis too. After struggling with it for about a month and hardly seeing any difference, I decided to back off and restart the treatments. Once I stopped the sweating gradually reduced over the next few days till my hands were about 90% dry. It's really bizzare; but it did work.
So my point is that iontophoresis WORKS; but the way it works is different from person to person. I still haven't figured out a maintenance schedule and I expect it'll take alot of trial and error on my part for it to work. Having dry hands is definitely worth the hassle though.
Dont give up. Try the various schedules posted by the forum members - I'm thinking of trying multiple treatments daily and backing off to see what happens. Good luck!!!!!!!

iDShaDoW

The reason why some people do it everyday or 2-3 times a day is to get the effects started sooner rather than later... like having the sweating stop within a week or 2 instead of a month or a month and a half.

Some people take a lot longer regardless of how often they do it.

It took about 2 weeks for me. I haven't been doing iontophoresis for awhile (guess I'm just testing the water) and it's been coming back slowly the past few days, like I can tell if I put myself in the right situation I'd start sweating.

Gonna have to start over from day 1 though, I don't really mind, it's just good to see firsthand what happens lol.

Good luck. Don't give up. I've tried (and sure you have too) many other methods of trying to treat hyperhidrosis that didn't work and, oddly enough, iontophoresis did for me. Whether it's in my own head that it worked and that in turn kept me from sweating or it's a whole other reason, I'm not sure. But the results were there and it's definitely not a waste of time to keep at it til it works for you.

beckiboo

keep at it I say, you may get unexpected results, ive had varying results from totaly dry to clammy, atm im clammy and ive just done 8 treatments over 7 days. when I did this a couple of weeks ago I got dry but now it seems not so...its really frustrating getting it right..plus im going out tonight and I was hoping id be dry for it...I really dont know how ill cope-I dont understand what im doing wrong!