Iontoforesis - Idromed 4

Hyper-Hydro

(I have edited this post 31st of aug 08, to correct my mistake about Pinker´s gender, and to withdraw my recommendation of ESFB forum)

Hi everyone. I´m a new user here, but Pinker did me a great favour by posting about his personal experiences with iontotoforesis in my thread at ESFB forum. His input finally pushed me in the right direction dealing with my HH problem. I bought an Idromed 4 last week, and already now after 7 treatments the effect is so convincing and I don´t even have to use glycopyrrolate. I´m finally enjoying a summer with warm and humid weather with dry hands and feet. I´m going to be investigating in how into-devices can become cheaper for HH sufferers.

I never got much positive feedback on posts at ESFB, and it´s pestered with flamebaiters, and ED is clearly a big part of the troll problem, if not actually taking part themselves, so this is why I´m migrating here, hoping you don´t mind :D I just want to start out here with a very warm thanks to Pinker.

8)

Alvinsduckie

:lol:

people think i'm male because i go by *alex...and not *alexandra :wink:
or because the name is *alvin's-duckie

ah well, ..least we know who we are :wink:

Hyper-Hydro

Pinker said:
people keep thinking im female :lol:

:roll: sorry about that man, I really can´t say what gave me that impression :)

The trolls seem to have clammed up somewhat in the recent days, except Dr Nase/Denmarc/Mickeymouse, who has started to write personal messages/comments to me about rosacea. Before that he was merely being a general pest in the forum. It seems to me he´s probably getting drunk in front of his PC and spending hours cussing out people, because he´s generally pissed with his life, and then later deleting his posts when he gets sober. (correction 31st of august, ED at ESFB deletes your posts if they don´t think they are politically correct, and particularly if you are critical of the blatant promotion of products from e.g. pharmacy.ca)

BiGz

Hyper-Hydro said:
Pinker said:
people keep thinking im female :lol:

:roll: sorry about that man, I really can´t say what gave me that impression :)

The trolls seem to have clammed up somewhat in the recent days, except Dr Nase/Denmarc/Mickeymouse, who has started to write personal messages/comments to me about rosacea. Before that he was merely being a general pest in the forum. It seems to me he´s probably getting drunk in front of his PC and spending hours cussing out people, because he´s generally pissed with his life, and then later deleting his posts when he gets sober.

Hey Man, whats that about rosacea? I have hyperhidrosis and rosacea and I think this is the 2nd time I've seen rosacea mentioned in a hyerhidrosis thread so I'm wondering now if theres some sought of link?

Hyper-Hydro

The dermatologists say there isn´t any connection. I´ve had hyper hidrosis for as long as I can remember, and I only started developing rosacea within the last 1 1/2 years. It´s frustrating to suffer from several things which dermatologists have no explanation for. I´m also periodically allergic and none of the tests I have gone through has revealed anything whatsoever about what it is I´m allergic to, except hazel pollen and cats. Hazel is only in march and cats haven´t been in my house for 25 years.

BiGz

I have hay fever and also am allergic to cats. Does make me wonder though if there is related cause.

Hyper-Hydro

The only relation I would dare hint is that HH, allergy, rosacea and social phobia are all suggested to be stress related.

Doggie

Hi Hyper-Hydro,

Where did you buy Idromed 4? I came across this site http://www.iontophoresis-device.com/ and think it has the cheapest price, but I emailed him and there is no reply after 2 days. I wonder if he is still in operation??

Anyway, I have one simple question. Does the device's eletrodes/alluminium/etc parts will need to be replaced? How long can these last? Where do I get replacements?

Thanks.

Hello everyone!

I recently bought and received an Idro. 4. It came from Germany, it took awhile to get here and I was sort of worried i'd just wasted ~700 bucks. One day it just showed up! I have had moderate to severe HH for 5-6 years. It started getting worse last summer. The Drionic I had was not doing too much even spending one hour per night at the highest (uncomfortable) setting. I finally decided to try the Idromed. So far (5 treatments) so good! 10 minutes,very little discomfort, and you're done. I'll post again in about a week. Thanks too everyone here! I was close to going the ETS route!

Well I just finished my 15th treatment and the change has been dramatic! My skin actually looks dry! I occasionally sweat but it is very rare. I'm thinking of bumping up the power a little just to see if sweating is completely eliminated. I am visiting my parents in Miami right now and even in this high humidity climate I'm doing well. I'll post in another week.

Doggie said:
Hi Hyper-Hydro,

Where did you buy Idromed 4? I came across this site http://www.iontophoresis-device.com/ and think it has the cheapest price, but I emailed him and there is no reply after 2 days. I wonder if he is still in operation??

Anyway, I have one simple question. Does the device's eletrodes/alluminium/etc parts will need to be replaced? How long can these last? Where do I get replacements?

Thanks.

So far I see no real wear, the plates are stainless steel witch is quite resistant to corrosion, so I think it would hold up quite well.

Hyper-Hydro

Hi Doggie

I bought mine from Markus Bindner. He´s bona fide, I can vouch for him. One day you may need to replace the electrodes, but don´t worry about it. It´s a small cost.