Involuntary celibacy--success stories?

Felgen

A lot of people my age with SA have never had a girlfriend. Sadly, many of them never get one either. I've had sex, kissed, been told by girls that they love me and all that, by I've never been in a real relationship. Are there anyone who has never had a relationship at my age (21) who has actually recovered from the involuntary celibacy and have been in successful relationships after that?

I know a woman who was in the same situation until the age of 23. She is now married and has two children. I like success stories, so I would love to hear if anyone has actually managed to break down the barrier of love-shyness. :)

(No ranting in this thread, please.)

Last edited:
Culture based. In some cultures, not dating is the norm. Most of my friends as well as many other people I've observed in real life don't date until well past 20, even then they only have sex after marriage. There's a mentality of getting established financially and socially first before even thinking of anything serious. It works out pretty well. There's not a really strong stigma with not having a gf... etc. People just assume that you've chosen freedom over companionship or that you're concentrating on your career. I suppose if the culture is dating and all that, then I'm not sure.

Last edited:
I've never received anything besides fellatio (and that was just one time maaaaaaaaaaaany years ago)

I still have this childlike perspective on it. During movies I used to cover my eyes whenever I saw people kissing up until I was 15 yrs old. In my subconscious it's still kind of a "yucky" thing. I'm 24 and I still get embarrassed whenever the topic is brought up, it frightens me. I honesty can't even connect sex with love because in my mind they don't mix at all. How can you have sex and think lustful thoughts like that about someone you truly have love for? I've never consciously thought any lustful thoughts about anyone I loved or have love for, it just doesn't feel right. And if I happened to think such thoughts subconsciously (say a dream) I would feel bad about it.

but obviously there's a disconnect in my perspective of things, and I'll accept that. It's too late for me though, I don't even attempt or try, I honestly just don't think it's in my nature. Some folks are just not sexual beings.

A perfect significant other for me would consist of someone who truly loved me and was content with us never having sex, ever. Which is basically impossible and I'll just eventually get cheated on because the average person/animal acts on their hormones and doesn't repress them like I. ugh, sometimes I hate being human, I'd much prefer to be a rock or something, they're less complicated.

but to answer your question, yes I think it's possible. My mother was a recluse & virgin until she was 33 (which is when she gave birth to me) but everyone is different. However, in our society the less partners a female has the better she is perceived. On the flip side if a guy is a 33 yr old virgin then it's looked at negatively. I can't see myself changing in this lifetime.

Last edited: