Intrusive Thought/Feelings

de-vin

I've had intrusive thoughts for a year. But about three months or so I've been experiencing intrusive thoughts except they aren't just thoughts, its hard to explain but its like someone is "telling me" inside that im evil or I will hurt someone. Its sort of like a bad feeling and thougth mixed. Butwhen I do certain thing. Its sort of like I feel im being bad, though I know im not acting that way. This is hard to explain....does it mke any sense to anyone? :?:

flake__

Sorry to hear you are getting these feelings de-vin...firstly, are you on any medication that could be causing this? Pills can do alot of funny things.

If not, it could be nothing, or something could be setting in, and it is best to seek help/advice as soon as possible. It could just go away, but it could get bigger, and it's best to assess the situation and work out what is going on before it gets a grip on you. I've never had this before so don't know who to advise really...i would say your doctor, but use your common sense also, doctors can come up with a whole load of rubbish!

Maybe research on the internet.

Also, has anything traumatic happenned to you recently/relatively recently. It could be an effect of this.

Hope this helps!

de-vin

I've been to a pychiatrist who diagnosed me with OCD and Anxiety disorder. He prescribed Imipramine, it controls it some but not enough. Im seeing a councelor now who seems to knwo a lot. I've just wanted to find someone who has felt intrusive thoughts. I've have OCD since aI was a child, but the thoughts didnt start until a year ago.

okkamsrazor

Hello de-vin :) OCD can do this quite easily but keep this truth about you, and that is these thoughts have no basis in subjective reality. I use to get stuck in random 'thought loops' almost impossible to think of anything else. I just went jogging if that happened. do something constructive like that.

OKk

doglover70

hey there.. I was in your shoes back in 1999

hey there.. Maybe I can help you out... I was in your shoes back in 1999. I went thru the same thing and I sought psychiatric help... The psychiatrist helped some, but it was ultimately up to me to get over it. My problem was with the fear of knives, guns, and anything that could harm someone. I had voices telling me that I wanted to kill someone, mainly family members... I sit and laugh about it now... because it was actually funny now that I think back about it.. But it wasn't funny at the time.. Anyway, I went on trips to get away from my family. I also was tempted to commit suicide from the 14th floor of the hotel I was staying at when I was at the beach... I heard voices telling me to "just do it" "you know you want too" "you deserve to die, you worthless piece of shit.."I had a bad case of the stuff.... it nearly killed me... and I ran thru $25,000 of savings... I bought things to make me happy, big screen tv, 2 new computers, new clothes, cd's, you name it... when I didn't even need the stuff... anyway.. here is how I got over it...Just sit down and ask the Lord for help.... tell your brain that you have GOD on your side and nothing that your mind tells you to do is going to happen... nothing... OCCUPY YOUR MIND>>>>> I MEAN OCCUPY IT... get busy... as you can tell from my recent post, my OCD still bothers me at times... and I have been going thru a bout of it right now.. but it is getting better and better with each day... Anyway, trust in GOD... and tell GOD to take over... FLOOD YOUR MIND WITH BUSY NESS.. My main problem right now is when I wake up in the morning....my mind is not occupied... anyway, LAUGH AT THIS SHIT and tell yourself how silly it is.. because it is SILLY... I mean come on.... do you really think you want to hurt someone??? I mean really...Anyway, kick this shit right outside and down the effing hole where it belongs... screw it.. it is just silly thoughts in the mind that mean nothing,,, I spent countless dollars seeing a psychiatrist and it did help some, but hell, she was wanting to touch on my homosexuality and make me feel guilty about that.. LOL! I was like, lady, I come here for help with my scary thoughts of harm to myself and others.. I am not afriad nor am I shamed of my homosexual tendencies... LOL! I actually like it... After awhile I saw how damned silly it was and I woke up... but again, I still have times and now is one of them , that OCD is revisited.. but I will OVERCOME BECAUSE I HAVE GOD ON MY SIDE! LOVE YOURSELF....

Lullalee

Intrusive thoughts are normal with OCD

I understand what you are going through De-vin I have had the same scary thoughts and feelings as you. I have had OCD since childhood and the first intrusive thought I had about hurting others happened in middle school. These thoughts are scary and they do at times seem like "voices" but the mind is very powerful and can be very scary at times. You have to understand that OCD is very bothersome and it plays on your biggest fears. If you really wanted to hurt anyone you would not be feeling anxiety, nor would you be frightened by these thoughts. All of that being said I do still suffer from the scary intrusive thoughts from time to time. I just want you to understand that this is very common among people with OCD. OCD is an anxiety disorder and I suggest finding out what helps you easy your anxiety.