Interviewing older people for class

lilmutegirl

I am currently in a class about aging, and am supposed to interview older people for a project. Interviewing/finding people to interview would be hard enough, but the fact that I have to talk older people about how aging has affected them makes it that much worse--it seems like an uncomfortable thing to talk about. It's bad enough I don't want to interview someone, at least if we could talk about pleasant stuff, it may be less awkward. So, if anyone on here is 65 or over and willing to answer some questions, please let me know, or if you have any ideas of how/where I can find someone to interview and be comfortable, I am open to suggestions.
Thank you!

How about at an aged care home? I imagine there would be plenty of older people who would love the opportunity to talk about ageing. You could ask them what they miss about being young, what is better now that they are old

Capsaicin

I actually remember from a psychology class that the younger crowd is typically much more afraid of aging and death than people who are actually middle-aged or elderly.

While people our age moan about how horrible it will be, how terrified they are of aging, trash themselves for being 27 years old and "expired", and fear that there'll be nothing worth living for without their looks and the ability to skip work to play videogames, they're having a pretty okay time. Many of the efforts of their youth from past generations have been paying off, or they've settled major emotional issues, or they're happily watching their children raise adorable little grandchildren.

Being alone and sick in a home where your children never visit you is a worst case scenario.

lilmutegirl

I'm sure I could contact a facility that could pair me up with a couple of people, but I'd feel bad since I don't plan on having a long-term relationship with these people--I just need to talk to someone for this project. Plus, my time restrictions at the moment don't make it easy for me to hang out with people. My anxiety also makes it difficult to approach people (or, say, a retirement community) with the proposal of this interview.

lilmutegirl

Okay...It is getting down to the wire, so if anyone would like to help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it...
I am not sure of people's ages on this website, but if you would be willing to answer some questions about how aging has affected you, please message me. I have to get this project done in the next few days and never got up the nerve to approach anyone.