internet friend

Sourgirl

i was on another social anxiety forum and i (thought) i made a friend. she approached me first on chat. we started talking and we hit it off. we had a few things in common and at the end of the conversation we exchanged email addresses and she said we would be on chat the next day. the next day we sent messages through email but she hasn't been replying to my email. i got really depressed last night and most of today about it. she sent me an email today but she hasn't replied back. Is she ignoring me or am i just being too paranoid?:sad:

(also when we were chatting she said she checks her email every five seconds, we were emailing each other back and forth and she would reply right away but i sent her one today and she hasn't replied)

Last edited:

slimjim119

I think you have to give it more time. Don't forget these are SA websites. People are going to react differently. And they may just take longer to reply to messages.

Try not to take it to heart. SA sufferers tend to be more sensitive. I've developed a tougher skin through the years. I would much rather make real world friends than internet friends. Too much miscommunication going on.

They could be absent for any number of reasons (including just not wanting to associate) or they could be someone that takes longer to reply to messages.

I know what you mean about feeling ignored though. I have one online friend who does not have SA at all & will frequently just leave the conversation without any warning. She's done this for years & sees no problem with it nor can she understand why I used to get so upset by it, thinking she must not like me since she leaves so suddenly. It's just how she is though.