insufferable worrying

maggie

if i could just stop this....on any given day...i worry about three things :? ....the past-my childhood and some crap that went with it, dumb mistakes i've made,stuff i should have accomplished ....secondly, i worry about the future-if i will ever find a way out of my shell and make something more out of my life, get a better job, be able to socialize, raise a family, stuff like that....thirdly, i worry about the present, like..shit, i have to work today, meeting 8O , family gathering, whatever, you get the picture....so, i think if i could learn how to STOP ALL THIS INSUFFERABLE overthinking and worrying, i would have a good chance at living a happier and more stress free life...i'm gonna try to work on it, but i'm not sure how :roll:

Chilling__Echo

i totally feel you maggie. i do the same, you are deffinately not alone. and many times my worrying interferes with other things, like i worry about volunteering so much that i just end up skipping my shifts thinking that maybe i really don't fit in there. now i've got a reputation to save... worrying really takes a toll on our happiness, it's like after a while we start to believe what we worry about b/c we look so hard for signs that the worst is on the way, or at least i do. just take it one day at a time. for me i always feel like things are only getting worse but really they're not. there's plenty of life ahead of all of us, things will turn up. hope you feel better <hugs> plan something for yourself that you can look forward to like a trip or something, go out and buy something you can't afford, i dunno, whatever. keep your spirits up :D

maggie

i talked to my Mom on the phone yesterday (that doesn't happen often :roll: ) and my worrying must have come across loud and clear, cause she said to me, "quit worrying for everybody and let the appropriate people worry about the appropriate things"... 8O ...i guess it makes sense if i could just take her advice :? ...i had to phone her about Father's day, and of course i'm already stressed....yet another family gathering....yikes 8O