insane dreams!

Chilling__Echo

i'm in the middle of getting off paxil and of course, like i always do stop too abruptly in the middle of weaning myself off of it and i'm experiencing a little withdrawal.

but also, i've noticed as soon as i start getting off of it i start having these really intense dreams - nightmares. that's not even normal when i'm not on meds at all.

i even get really depressed in my dreams. i get so anxious, all these bad things are happening and i wake up in a horrible terrible mood and yet so relieved it wasn't real. i just get so scared that i'll get depressed again because if i get depressed in my dreams, what's going to happen in real life???

any thoughts people?

B

I don't think I had bad dreams when I kicked Paxil. All I remember was feeling like I was dying because the withdrawal was so terrible. I don't usually get nightmares, but the few times I do seem to be when I'm really stressed out.

Chilling__Echo

hmm yeah withdrawal is horrible, i caught it before i got the worst of it, i just woke up this morning feeling... cloudy? and i had a headache last night.

yeah, the dreams i have are mostly about men and relationships but i think that's what i think about anyway haha

but the depression really gets to me in the dreams... stay in the dreams!!

like i say, i normally don't ever have nightmares. sorry to hear you're experiencing the same yetisbabe. thanks for the support. hope you feel better too :|

Chilling__Echo

yeah, i have been tapering it but i haven't the time or motivation to take it for the past two days, even at a tapered dose so i asked for it.

glad it's not just me!

thanks alot for the info, it's really helpful masterpiece :D

young

sounds like your subconscious is playing out what it would be like without the paxil in it's opinion. trying to make you think that you need the pill. when in fact you don't

Chilling__Echo

yeah, i get kind of worried... like, hmmm maybe i do need it... i wonder if they companies anticipated this so they can get more pills sold :| nah not really but i'm gonna try dammit to stay off them... i think i'm afraid i won't be ok without them...

Chilling__Echo said:
i'm in the middle of getting off paxil and of course, like i always do stop too abruptly in the middle of weaning myself off of it and i'm experiencing a little withdrawal.

but also, i've noticed as soon as i start getting off of it i start having these really intense dreams - nightmares. that's not even normal when i'm not on meds at all.

i even get really depressed in my dreams. i get so anxious, all these bad things are happening and i wake up in a horrible terrible mood and yet so relieved it wasn't real. i just get so scared that i'll get depressed again because if i get depressed in my dreams, what's going to happen in real life???

any thoughts people?

well even i had this problem of horrible dreams, very very depressing n nightmarish....but tht was when i had depression
now (touchwood) i don get real bad dreams.. don no how come but i have gotten very busy with my life(lot of work in college) so i don get time to dwell upon dreams, so mayb thats why they stopped coming
well i had a question :is depression and social phobia related?