in sixth form + have social anxiety :(

Winter

I started sixth form 2 days ago and i'm already hating it.. :cry: I dunno how the hell i'll get through two years of it with my social anxiety... like for example I had my first product design lesson today, we had to design a product and then present it to the class at the end of the lesson. When it was my turn to present i was like a pack of nerves and went tomato red/stuttered a few words to the group/started shaking etc.. people just gave me rly wierd looks. that was horrible..and our teacher's said we're gonna be doing similar tasks throughout the year.. Also in ICT we'll have to have lotsa class discussions and last lesson i was the only one who didnt speak so he picked on me alot to answer questions.. we're also supposed to help out in open evenings by talking to parents about the school..urgh the list goes on.. :cry: i have no idea how i'm gonna get through it all, i feel like i'm falling slowly into depression :( I know they say that you can beat a fear by chuckin yourself into the situation that scares you but for me doing that has only made my anxiety worse :(
idk what i'm going to do..and i won't get meds or see the doctors or anything like that.

i really need some advice.. :cry:
thanks for reading xx

Just kept myself to myself really, i was always the one who just sat there, listening but not talking. A am a big sports fan and i studied sports and everyone in the class liked football which worked out as it meant that i actually had something to talk about with other people and thats all i talked about, but it made me feel normal because i could actually talk to people and these people actually started to like me because of my personality.

I was also the guy who knew everything, in class anyone could ask me any question about sports and i could answer it in seconds so i got all the top marks and people always come to me for help, so i actually felt wanted. There was even a group of people who always cheered my name when ever they see me, went round telling everyone i was legendary.

There was also this one teacher, who never really knowing what was wrong with me, became my friend and started setting me up, like giving me a job creating and maintaining a website for the football league and also helping him out with computer problems.

I've never him about my SA but he has always supported me through everything during the four year, also being around this group of people makes me feel like i am something special and they look up to me.

When it comes down to it, it's easy to hide your SA, you don't have to start conversations with people just to try appear normal, if someone speak to you then be polite and reply, if they don't you don't need to speak.

If you have to do a presentation, try do it in a group so that the focus is shared with other people and even if you get scared like i was every time, you do it anyway.

I just kept my head down, stayed strong and found myself a much liked person with everyone. I even remember a teacher once saying that she wishes she had a class full of people like me.