in-between dream world

NormanBates

The only reason I'm writing this right now is because my keyboard is sitting right next to my couch upon which I sleep.
I kinda feel like I've made a thread about this somewhere back in one of my three hundred and something posts. Just because it feels familiar. I'm always getting deja vu on this website.
Anyway, what spurred me to write this is that I was encountering a vivid in-between state as I do once in a while. On nights where my in-between stage is particularly vivid, I end up getting a little bit fearful. I guess I'm kinda afraid of my own mind.
Apparently this stage is called hypnagogia. There's a whole article on it in wikipedia and other places too I'm guessing.
Well the reason why this stage freaks me out on some nights is because I feel like I'm too much in control of what I'm seeing. Or like ... I don't want to see what I'm about to see.
What was just happening a bit ago is that while I was thinking in my half-sleep state, I started seeing my thoughts link to one another.
During this particular train of thought, I was thinking of a familiar scenario that I see on a daily basis. And after asking a question to myself, I suddenly changed settings and was "in" the answer.
Now what started scaring me is that I started wondering about other things. Particularly negative things. I thought about scenarios that seemed to anger me or which were a little bit dark. And with each passing second, thoughts became more vivid as something I could see.
Some nights this happens stronger than on other nights. Sometimes I lie down and am immediately dreaming. And some nights I am watching my own mind inch closer and closer to a dream.
One particular time that surprised me was a couple years back when I didn't wake up in fear. Instead I watched it happen completely till the full-fledged dream appeared in my mind. The little walk towards it was like having closed my eyes on the outside but opening another pair on the inside.
Dreams fascinate me, they always have. I don't know why some nights, my in-between stage is more active than others.
Anyway, just thought I'd throw this out there.
If no one has anything to say, fine. I just want to share this common experience.