Important info on Ionto...

DaaaBulls

I just thought it was interesting that I have used 3 different ionto units in my life. A Drionic, RA Fischer, and an Idromed PS (in that order). The only two that have had any success are the Drionic and Idromed...The difference between the Drionic/Idromed and the Fischer is that they used aluminum plates and the Fischer did not. So aluminum plates makes all the difference, now I would like to find out if using hard water makes a difference, and if using an aluminum tray would work better than the plastic one for the Idromed.

ultrafrost

hey, daaabulls, I don't think the metal plates play a big part. maybe the biggest difference is that Fischer and drionic have traditional direct current while idromed has pulsed direct current.
from what I have read, there are many people have great success with their stainless steel electrode.

DaaaBulls

The Fischer does not have the aluminum or steel plates, so my conclusion is that they are necessary for success.

ultrafrost

The Fischer does not have the aluminum or steel plates, so my conclusion is that they are necessary for success.

why fischer doesn't have metal plates? I think that every iontophoresis device needs metal plates to conduct the current.

I recently bought 4 good energizer lantern batteries (they are on shipping now) and would to try to give homemade device a try.

DaaaBulls

I guess the Fischer does have some sort of metal but they are very small little knobs attached to a plastic covering at the very end of the hand pool, while the idromed has a huge metal plate at the bottom. The drionic also had two slightly larger plates.

I spoke with Markus about the difference between the PC and DC and from what I understand the DC DOES work better but the thing is that most people cannot stand the current on the DC so it doesn't work for them. For example if you need an 8 MA to get dry but can only get up to 5 MA because of the pain then it will never work for you. But the PC, while not being as effective, you can jack it up to lets say 15 MA which isn't really 15 MA equivalent on the DC it might be around an 8 MA on the DC, so it will work for that person that needs the 8 MA to achieve dryness. My only concern about the PC is how exactly do the MA's compare to the DC? Like does 5 MA on the PC work like 2.5 MA's on the DC?

binhly2k2k

thats very interesting bcs my home iontophoresis is 28V 3 AMPS not mA and get very dry after one treatment and after 2 days im completly dry. i do 10 minute treatments. even before i was 14V 1.5A i was dry so it could be the amps play a vital role

Last edited:

batuska

I'm am not an electrician but I think 3 Amps (3000mA) may have long term side effects since studies done on other commercially available machines are approved safe are working with 5-25 mA and around 9-24 Volts. I would not consider using 120 times the amperage of other approved machines without doing research. Anyway thats my opinion, I hope I'm wrong. Here is a link if you want to check out
http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2000/JackHsu.shtml

binhly2k2k

i spoke to a computer electronics guy and its safe. the reason being the voltage is 24V compared to 240 V. once current goes in the water it losses V and A. for the house it has 240V 20 mA.
20mA is bc its a safety precaution thats all. if anything goes wrong with leakage of power and you get a shock. 20mA at 240V is less then 3A at 240V. Is 150 times less

I also did a course on electricity

how much power can you use. well you can feel it. mines less painfull then other iontophoresis and very effective

Last edited:

batuska

Thanks binhly2k2k. I was worried for myself also because the idromed is plug in. Before I was using Drionic with rechargeable 9v batteries, so I was not worried about getting shocked if the machine malfunctions or if I spill water on it or something like that.