Imaginary chat with God

unleashed

*cough* but God said He wouldnt be wanting to flood the earth again...hence the rainbow......(not just a good song)

Scottish_Player

unleashed said:
*cough* but God said He wouldnt be wanting to flood the earth again...hence the rainbow......(not just a good song)

lol you got me on that one,i honestly did read it somewhere that its in the bible and now i cant find it but i did find the thing that you are talking about :oops: my apologises (until i find it that is :p )

Yossarian

Scottish_Player said:
Well here is an extract from something i read a while ago

As for Man's role in all this. There's just this.
We have been fucking around with Mother Nature for far too long. And right now, Mother Nature is getting her own back.
I reckon she has every right to as well.

After all, what have we done thus far? Nothing much...oh...besides
1. Cutting down Her trees and devastating the landscape.
2. Levelling Her mountains
3. Killing off several species of Her animal kingdom in less time it takes to build a house.
4. Polluting Her air.
5. Making holes in Her ozone.
6. Contaminating Her oceans with oil and toxic chemicals.
7. Melting Her ice caps.

Heck...we even go around killing each other.

Oh no no no. No Mother would ever sit back quietly and see all this shit happening in Her house.

When the camel's back is broken, Mother Nature is gonna take us over her knee and whoop our asses so hard, we wouldn't be able to take a crap for days.

Damn you profit minded, earth raping capitalists.

And now the innocent shall suffer.

That didn't really answer my question but anyway. You do know that 'mother nature' has done all those 'herself' and much worse long before man.

Not to mention the fact we are one of 'her' animals.

Scottish_Player

Yossarian said:
do you believe mother nature is another God type deity thing? that there is God and Mother Nature? who came first? who is more poewerful? ?

ive never realy thought of them like that before,ive never seen them as being in competion to one and other thats why i couldnt realy aswer your question sorry :oops:

Yossarian

Yeah I'm bored plus my hand hurts. Obviously even typing now is too much for even the Man Spunk that I am.

Scottish_Player

I might aswell go then aswell i dont want to be sitting on here talkin to myself now :roll: ,wait a min i do that even when iam not on my computer

ato

Sometimes we dont have to look for an explanation from god about things, everything he give to us is precious even if we dont like it. He give us the day and the night, the sky and the rain, summer and winter. sometimes we Believe only in us and just ourselves and world has to be like I want because I deserve what I want for MYSELF (what an empty world...).
It is necesary to accept god in our lives to believe in him, otherwise we will never know him. There is a question: is Christ dead or alive? the correct answer depends on your faith. In fact He lives phisically in the sagrarium and he is always there for anyone to talk to him. Just go and have a conversation for free ! you will have the answer inmediatly but dont expect what YOU want you will feel his love more clearly.

nishah

You can't have it both ways. If God made everything then he is ultimately responsible for everything. In my opinion anyway.

ok, yeah it's a fact that God made everything in this planet even the most evil people in this world but the Bible state that God gave man their own choice and free will, besides we should be thankful to Him that He doesn't consider as like robots whom He can control whenever he wanted to, he gave us freedom to do whatever we want in our lives and we, people, are the ones whose responsible for what our lives has been due to the decisions may it be wrong or right that we made...

unleashed

Sometimes we dont have to look for an explanation from god about things, everything he give to us is precious even if we dont like it. He give us the day and the night, the sky and the rain, summer and winter

God gave us rape and crackhouses, guns and the KKK. terrorism and pol pot.

unleashed

ok, yeah it's a fact that God made everything in this planet even the most evil people in this world but the Bible state that God gave man their own choice and free will, besides we should be thankful to Him that He doesn't consider as like robots whom He can control whenever he wanted to, he gave us freedom to do whatever we want in our lives and we, people, are the ones whose responsible for what our lives has been due to the decisions may it be wrong or right that we made...

freewill. do it my way and reap the rewards. do it your way and pay the price. its up to you man. whatll it be? i knowww i made you this way but now its up to you to overcome all that. its up to you. im like an evil genius. mwawh hahahahah. what ya gonna do about it? my way or the highway.

ato

unleashed said:
God gave us rape and crackhouses, guns and the KKK. terrorism and pol pot.

What do you want exactly? perfection? That is Heaven about. Do your best to get there ! Want to know how? talk to Him, He's waiting for you right now. go !

Yossarian

nishah said:
You can't have it both ways. If God made everything then he is ultimately responsible for everything. In my opinion anyway.

Please lets not go into what the Bible states considering it's a load of self-contradictory bunk. Now you believe in good will, ok, that's cool.

So did you choose to be socially phobic? I didn't. It's who I am but I didn't choose it. There are things I can do to get over it, or at least improve but I didn't choose to be afraid. Where does the fear come from? I didn't invite it in. I was going along quite happily without it, thank you very much.

To a more general point. If we all have free will, why are we different? Are souls all the same? Is my soul the same as yours? the same as Hitlers? If so then we aren't unique. We are just the same soul experiencing different things. What are the consequences of that? We aren't even different people to have free will. There is just one will.

If we are different souls then God made them different. Each unique, special and precious. It is therefore those differences that make us who we are no? Who made those differences? God of course. If God did make us then he predetermined who we are when he made the differences between the souls. We are just acting out his play.

Hope that makes sense. Of course this is just my opinion.

unleashed

i do actually believe (hope) theres a divine creator. i DO follow Jesus as Guru and Saviour (okay i TRY to). i probably have more hope than faith but hey its a start. what i dont like is...people of faith making glib statements that only a fool would believe.

what i like to do is make my faith stand up to being explained to someone who is actually having a hellish time here on earth. therefore i can only conclude that
a) i dont KNOW theres a God i hope there is because its comforting.(at least comforting if Hes on my side)
and b) i dont know why theyre going through so much miserable shit but that i can only hope it stops when they die.

if you can look a 12 year old in the eye who is standing outside their mums hospital room watching and hearing her scream in agony with bone cancer while his father is in the pub with another woman, if you can look that boy in the eye and tell them "Jesus loves you" then fairplay to you, i dont have that much faith. i would be inclined to shake my head and admit that "i really dont know what this is all for".

mrkyle

unleashed said:
the child born into a family where violence and abuse is the norm...who is being sodomised every night......people born in war torn countries....a woman who husband becomes mentally ill and begins to systematically and cruelly abuse her until she is sick with fear everday. yes i agree they choose to live that way. silly old them. if only theyd heard of God. sillyheads.

unless this is you, theres not really any reason to feel their pain. It doesnt help anybody to hate the world because it is cruel to some. My position on such atrocities is; I didn't cause them, so i'm not willing to feel guilty for them. If you DID cause any of this, go ahead and feel guilty. i suspect you didnt, so don't feel guilty for living a more charmed life. You didn't choose yours either.

countrybumpkin

It's easy to blame God for all problems in the world , war, suffering , natural disasters , but it's just not so. If you let go of the beleif that God is still "running things " down here , and just accept the fact that yes He did create all of this and us with it , but then He just set us free like spinning a top , and it's up to us to work it out . "Mother Nature" is just the planets natural systems responding to what is happening within it . God is not just sitting up there saying " Hmmm .. I think today I'll make a tidal wave destroy Asia and kill a whole lot of people." We're essentially on our own in this life and until everyone starts taking responsibility for their actions , things are going to keep going bad . Blaming God is just a cop out , He gave us this world to live in and we're screwing it up in the name of bad TV and a better cup of Starbucks coffee . I don't understand why everyone can say that they don't beleive in God and yet seem to be angry with him for their life and the world not being the way they want it to be. Human beings seem to be eternally stuck in adolescence and until we can grow up a bit as a species and stop being "mad at Dad " things are just going to get worse and we're going to keep on hurting each other out of fear and anger and greed. Sorry to rant but that's how I feel.