Imaginary chat with God

nishah

GOD: Hello. Did you call me?

ME: Called you? No.. who is this?

GOD: This is God. I heard your prayers. So i thought i will chat.

ME: I do pray. Just makes me feel good. I am actually busy now. I am in
the midst of something.

GOD: What are you busy at?

ME: Don't know. But I can't find free time. Life has become hectic. It's rush hour all the time.

GOD: Well I wanted to resolve your fight for time by giving you some clarity. In this net of era, I wanted to reach you through the medium you are comfortable with.

ME: Tell me, why has life become complicated now?

GOD: Stop analyzing life. Just live it. Analysis is what makes it complicated.

ME: Why are we then constantly unhappy?

GOD: Your today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday. You are worrying because you are analyzing. Worrying has become your habit. That's why you are not happy.

ME: But how can we not worry when there is so much uncertainty?

GOD: Uncertainty is inevitable, but worrying is optional.

ME: But then, there is so much pain due to uncertainty.

GOD: Pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional.

ME: If suffering is optional, why do good people always suffer?

GOD: Diamond cannot be polished without friction. Gold cannot be purified without fire. Good people go through trials, but don't suffer. By turning their suffering to sacrifices, their life becomes better, not bitter.

ME: You mean to say such experience is useful?

GOD: Yes. Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first and the lesson afterwards.

ME: why do we have to go through such tests? Why can't we just be free from problems?

GOD: Problems. Purposeful Roadblocks Offering Beneficial Lessons (to) Enhance Mental Strength. Inner strenght comes from struggle and endurance, not when you are free from problems.

ME: Frankly in the midst of so many problems, we don't know where we are heading.

GOD: If you look outside you will not know where you are heading. Look inside. Looking outside, you dream. Looking inside you awaken. Eyes provide sight. Heart provides insight.

ME: Sometimes not succeeding fast seems to hurt more than moving in the right direction. What should I do?

GOD: Success is the measure as decided by others. Satisfaction is a measure decided by you. Knowing the road ahead is more satisfying than knowing you rode ahead. You work with the compass. Let others work with the clock.

ME: In tough times, how do you stay motivated?

GOD: Always look at how far you have come rather than how far you have to go. Always count your blessings, not what you are missing.

ME: What surprises you about people?

GOD: When they suffer they ask, "Why me (God)?" When they prosper, they never ask "Why me(God)?" Everyone wishes to have truth on their side, but few want to be on the side of the truth.

ME: Sometimes i ask, who am I, why am I here. I can't get the answer.

GOD: Seek not to find who you are, but to determine who you want to be. Stop looking for a purpose as to why you are here. Create it. Life is not a process of discovey but a process of creation.

ME: How can I get the best out of life?

GOD: Face your past without regret. Handle your present with confidence. Prepare for the future without fear.

ME: One last question. Sometimes I feel my prayers are not answered.

GOD: There are no unanswered prayers. At times the answer is NO.

ME: Thank you for this wonderful chat. I am so happy to start my life again with a new sense of inspiration.

GOD: Well,. Keep the faith and drop the fear. Don't believe your doubts and doubt your beliefs. Life is a mystery to solve not a problem to resolve. Trust me. Life is wonderful if you know how to live.

PS: after reading this article it change me for the better in so many ways i hope you guys too that's why Im sharing it :) [/i]

Ads7800

Personally, I'm not religious; but, this post is amazing! It is filled with great lines that are guaranteed to inspire all. Thank you for sharing it.
My favourite line is: 'Uncertainty is inevitable, but worrying is optional.' How true! We only worry about what others think because we allow ourselves to.

Scottish_Player

I just thought i would bring this post back to the top for those people who may not have seen it,i think it is very intresting and explains alot :)

black_mamba

Thanks for highlighting this post again.

Purposeful Roadblocks Offering Beneficial Lessons (to) Enhance Mental Strength

This is the best line for me. Wow...it puts a lot of things into perspective, as well as enforcing the idea that pain is sometimes good for us in the long run as long as we know what to learn from it.

solo1

This is such a GREAT post.... even though I copied/saved it & sent it out to all of my friends/loved ones..... I like to keep reading the responses to it. This is the most encouagement I've been able to achieve in a long time and I am really grateful for it.

I should have responded in the "OLD PHOBS" post, but my time on line is limited these days so I need to be selective for the time being. I have had this dreaded SP (along with manic depression, OCD, AADD) for many, many years and I blame it, at least partially, for screwing up relationships, my two kids, and even my grandkids. I have spent the last month in and out of hospitals (yikes, a phob's nightmare) with both of my parents and yesterday, my Mom was discharged from the hosp. and put into a nursing home. The brochure made the home sound nice, but frankly, if it was ME that had to be in there, I WOULD find a way OUT--- I would rather die in the street or a feild than in that place and I am going to do everything in my ability to help get her out of there and back to her and my Dad's REAL HOME.

You know, I thought that going to all of my kid's/grandkid's activities and trying to help them through all of their many trails/tribulations and dealing with losing people I love would be the worst hardships in life I would need to face and attempt to conquer, but all of those things are/were child's play compared to what I am dealing with NOW re: my parents, their health/well being. :cry: I haven't even been comfortable with taking my meds lately because I need to be aware and alert for everything I need to deal with on a daily basis and that's why this post is so IMPORTANT to me, I really needed the boost I received from it.

Thanks SO MUCH, and thank you again Mysti for helping me relocate it. :wink:

nishah

it's been a very long time since i opened my account in here....
and i couldn't believe how much you guys were inspired by the post i shared... im so happy to know that even if with what we're going through due to this sickness we still find light in our lives...
let us not deprive ourselves of so many blessings that God has showered us be confident and face life coz life comes jus once in a lifetime so live it to the fullest.. even if it's really hard but that's life...
Let God lead ur way and expect that he will never put u in danger...

Scottish_Player

[quote="worrydoll"

i think youll find that God does put plenty of people in danger.[/quote]

I dont think god puts people in danger,its people who put themselves and other people in danger.If iam driving down a 30mph road at 70mph then that is me putting myself and others in danger and i have the choice to slow down or not, its not god

Chilling__Echo

i think even if he did put us in danger (and practicing christians would believe that you wouldn't be in danger even if it seemed so) it would be for a purpose.

unleashed

the child born into a family where violence and abuse is the norm...who is being sodomised every night......people born in war torn countries....a woman who husband becomes mentally ill and begins to systematically and cruelly abuse her until she is sick with fear everday. yes i agree they choose to live that way. silly old them. if only theyd heard of God. sillyheads.

Scottish_Player

unleashed said:
the child born into a family where violence and abuse is the norm...who is being sodomised every night......people born in war torn countries....a woman who husband becomes mentally ill and begins to systematically and cruelly abuse her until she is sick with fear everday. yes i agree they choose to live that way. silly old them. if only theyd heard of God. sillyheads.

Like i said before that is not god putting those people in danger that is other people putting them in danger.take the war torn country thing for example,we have out goverments to thank for that and not god,iam not a heavy religious person but i think to blame god is an easy excuse.

Yossarian

Well I'm sure glad I didn't help out when the tsunami struck Asia then if it was mans' fault.

If everything is mans' fault, man is God's fault. God made everything. Man, Devil, souls, good/evil, the desire to be good/evil, Jeffery Archer, no? That is assuming there is a God, which we are. God made the bad people or at least he made the people who wanted to be bad.

You can't have it both ways. If God made everything then he is ultimately responsible for everything. In my opinion anyway.

Scottish_Player

Yossarian said:
Well I'm sure glad I didn't help out when the tsunami struck Asia then if it was mans' fault.

That was a natural disaster and also mother nature getting her own back and telling us to wake up and look what we are doing to her,look how much damage we have done to her.Also if you read in the bible this is the start of the end.The world will flood itself killing all living things and only a select few will survive/be choosen to live.Soon the whole planet will be flooded in years to come and this again is mans fault and we are doing nothing about it.

Other signs that the world id about to end is that the world will have enough power to blow its self up and the anti christ will have shown himself.

Sorry to get all serious iam just a little bored :wink:

unleashed

God said in Genesis that He wouldnt flood the whole world again..hence the rainbow (not just for gaypride!).

Yossarian

Scottish_Player said:
iam 100% serious

O.k......so taking this one step at a time...(i'm bored too - we crazy sp people and our fun weekend huh?) do you believe mother nature is another God type deity thing? that there is God and Mother Nature? who came first? who is more poewerful? and why would mother nature take it out on poor people and not the rich nations that are fucking up the world?

Scottish_Player

Well here is an extract from something i read a while ago

As for Man's role in all this. There's just this.
We have been fucking around with Mother Nature for far too long. And right now, Mother Nature is getting her own back.
I reckon she has every right to as well.

After all, what have we done thus far? Nothing much...oh...besides
1. Cutting down Her trees and devastating the landscape.
2. Levelling Her mountains
3. Killing off several species of Her animal kingdom in less time it takes to build a house.
4. Polluting Her air.
5. Making holes in Her ozone.
6. Contaminating Her oceans with oil and toxic chemicals.
7. Melting Her ice caps.

Heck...we even go around killing each other.

Oh no no no. No Mother would ever sit back quietly and see all this shit happening in Her house.

When the camel's back is broken, Mother Nature is gonna take us over her knee and whoop our asses so hard, we wouldn't be able to take a crap for days.

Damn you profit minded, earth raping capitalists.

And now the innocent shall suffer.