I'm trying not to fear my SA. I'm just too happy right now.

of_darkness

I think I have. I'm 18 now, and things are just working disastrously smoothly.

I feel AMAZING deep inside on 100% personal matters. My music taste fascinates me, I've almost given myself some random form of synesthesia just by listening and loving my new tastes too much!! All thanks to Porcupine Tree. The ultimate....band.....for me. full stop. Then theres the writing music which I feel good about too.

Friends wise I'm utterly fucked. My scattered group of friends are literally hanging by a thread. The way they're all so nice, and don't judge people..that's great. But they say some pretty 'bad' things. As in rich kid kind of bad. Maybe some of you remember an old post about 2 of the being debaters. Well their jokes and general thoughts annoy me still. But they're the only people I have, and are definately sensible enough. They'rer good people.

But I don't feel I can trust them, they've done things behind my back and even they find it far too easy to ignore me. I'm sure lots of you can relate to that.

So basically, I'm socially doomed. Back when I thought I wasn't, I was almost happy. Though I realize now, I had nothing at heart. My music tastes weren't solid, I wasn't producing art I liked, and I just generally wasn't complete. So now that i've become detached, I realize there's nothing to fear. I'm complete, and It's fine with me.

From SAs point of view I can answer any question and feel good. That's the difference really. I'm rarely embarrassed. People shouldn't fear SA. My overnight phase of understanding myself has revealed myself. I have SA but I have it on the outside! We're probably all looking in the wrong perspective. SA should be on the outside.... No idea what that means....uh..

but it relates to my experience anyway. I don't mind what people think suddenly. That all happened within 2 months... As long as I have music though...that's pretty much essential otherwise I feel vulnerable.

silentbutdeadly

Sounds like you've found contentment. I think that's all that really matters in life. I hope you can keep it up...wish you the best :)

Vancouver

You and me both, dude. At one point you just gotta get over it. I think I just got to that "point" starting last night. And sure, it's not going to make everything in life better - but I just feel A-okay. Translation - damn good to be in my own skin. Almost as if my soul has been on an 18 year journey until now.

It's not the shyness that kills. Once anyone sees that and realizes that it's just the paranoia and obsessive thoughts about shyness that makes shyness the demon it is, it's a lot easier to deal with. All bark, small bite... if any.

flake__

It's cos your starting to value yourself on other things beside your social skills, so you are accepting yourself more. Well done!!

You can look it like SA-ers value themselves TOTALLY on how they perform in social situations, so we get fear stuttering blushing etc and so perform badly, which is why we have such low self-esteem. But you have broken free of this ridiculous cycle :D