I'm so nervous around this one girl

MrTornado

Well little over a year ago this girl at work told me she liked me, was all flirtatious for a few weeks, but since I was too shy she kinda backed off and must've felt rejected (makes sense).

Anyway, now I'm debating if she even was into me at all. I was in the breakroom trying to sleep, but couldn't help hear a conversation about what I thought could've been her. I heard a girl say "well A said there was a guy that she considered to be the only viable dating option at work, or whatever. Thing is there is a girl that works the same shift (until recently) that has the same name, so I don't know who that girl (the one talking while I was trying to sleep) was talking about. I think she said "well it all started when she worked in the clothing area" and the one I'm interested in is a manager (I know, wrong, but let's not tackle that issue yet). Anyway, what subtle method should I use to find out which one the girl was talking about? Should I approach the dude she was talking about? Any suggestions would be nice, as I don't want to pursue this women if she even isn't interested in me.

Walk

I would probably just talk to all the girls that are cute at your work. Talking to girls who you work with is waaayy easier than in other situations, why not do that? Probably see what kind of places they like to go to, and set something up?

I'm not the best guy to give dating advice... but hey, you gotta start by talking to them (girls) first, right?

MrTornado

Thanks for the advice walk, just wondering about this one situation though. And yeah you're right, talking is the way to go :p

MrTornado

So, i heard the one I don't want, doesn't like black dudes (just relaying what was said), which is the guy that one girl was talking about. So, its only logical to assume that it was the other one who said that right? Of course, the guy who informed me of this said "that would make her more of a liar" (the one I am not interested in), so maybe she was lying?? I don't know what to think.

I just wish I knew whether or not the girl I want is potentially interested in me.

danstelter

That was over a year ago that girl was interested in you....I think you're making too much of a big deal out of this. Start talking to the girl that was interested in you and be flirtatious and see what happens! Maybe she'll be interested in you, maybe not. If not, remember there are always plenty of other women to chase!

Walk

danstelter said:
That was over a year ago that girl was interested in you....I think you're making too much of a big deal out of this. Start talking to the girl that was interested in you and be flirtatious and see what happens! Maybe she'll be interested in you, maybe not. If not, remember there are always plenty of other women to chase!

Not only that, but she seems to be an attractive girl and chances are there are, like a coworker buddy of mine says, "a LONG list of guys that want to get in her pants".

It's true. You're not the only one that she might like. One of many. Don't be discouraged though; if you plan right, or just talk more, you can get a girl. It's the sometimes cruel game of love lol

Havocan

Why don't you see how she acts around you nowadays to find out if she's still interested?

MrTornado

danstelter said:

Yeah that was a long time ago in dating standards, maybe she isn't. And I'll try to do my best to be flirtatious. I just hope she isn't turne off by the eventual learning of my inexperience. If she is, as you say, there ARE other women to chase :)

danstelter

I just hope she isn't turne off by the eventual learning of my inexperience.

Yes this might happen, but I'm now 26, and I talked to/flirted with/dated hundreds of women (only dated around 20 or so) before I found the good girlfriend I am with now. I also didn't have my first one until 21. So, we social phobics tend to start later than others, but I think that we can still do it! Sounds like you have a good attitude about the whole situation!

MrTornado

danstelter said:
I just hope she isn't turne off by the eventual learning of my inexperience.

Yes this might happen, but I'm now 26, and I talked to/flirted with/dated hundreds of women (only dated around 20 or so) before I found the good girlfriend I am with now. I also didn't have my first one until 21. So, we social phobics tend to start later than others, but I think that we can still do it! Sounds like you have a good attitude about the whole situation!

hey thats cool you got your experiences, and are now with a "good girl." But, I'm 23, turning 24 in a few months. Pretty much makes me a freak right? lol God, I want her so badly, but if she knew that would be a turn off, so...I keep it all to myself. Anyway, not sure where to go from here?

danstelter

The only thing that makes you freaky is that you believe that you are in fact "freaky." Women are fine with men wanting them...they just want you to be confident, rather than insecure. There is nothing wrong with wanting her bad; however, she will get turned off if you are clingy and insecure.

You should not keep it to yourself. Talk to her and flirt a little, see what her reaction is, and then either keep doing it if she likes or stop it if she doesn't.
A "good girl" is not turned off by inexperience, and if she really likes you she will stick with you no matter what. Anyway, give it a try and see what happens!

MrTornado

danstelter said:
The only thing that makes you freaky is that you believe that you are in fact "freaky." Women are fine with men wanting them...they just want you to be confident, rather than insecure. There is nothing wrong with wanting her bad; however, she will get turned off if you are clingy and insecure.

You should not keep it to yourself. Talk to her and flirt a little, see what her reaction is, and then either keep doing it if she likes or stop it if she doesn't.
A "good girl" is not turned off by inexperience, and if she really likes you she will stick with you no matter what. Anyway, give it a try and see what happens!

Yeah I know "clingy and insecure" is a turn off, so far I have been the opposite of that! the first part anyway. Well, there is also part of the situation I left out, but I don't know if I should post it on here (I wish I could PM someone, who could help me out).

Anyway thanks for your support and I'll try a little bit of what you suggested. :)

danstelter

okay sounds good. If this one doesn't work out, you have a good attitude so I am sure that you will find someone down the road if not now. A PM is a good idea if you feel this certain part is too much to share online. Good luck!