I'm so depressed

Jcool21

I'm in college now in Florida with my grandparents. The rest of my family is home in NY. This is my second year. I feel really depressed. I feel like crap I cry just about everyday. I want to go home. I miss my family so much. I know school is important, but I'm not happy here. What should I do.
:cry:

Thelema

Go out with some friends or talk to a friend on the phone. Anything that will keep your mind busy. You might just be feeling bad right now and in a week or two these feeling might just get rid of themselves. I've felt the same way just wanting to cry and feeling like the lowest of the low but I felt better within a few days.

Jcool21

I've felt like this since I got here. And it seems to be getting worse. When I'm in school I feel anxious then I start thinking random thoughts and I get depressed.

Jcool21

Thank you for your response. The reason I am depressed is because I miss my family. I want to go home.

jennn

I hated the 1st two years of college, too, missed my family, & had a hard time making friends. after that I just got used to it - so it got a little better, but not great. anyway, sorry that's not that inspiring, but even if you really hate it and it doesn't get better, you're there for the education and i swear it'll be over before you know it and then you'll miss it for some weird reasons. but... it'll probably get better for you.

moodygoo

What are your thoughts on just going home? School is important but how important is it to you personally? More important than being happy? I suppose it depends on your plans for after college.
I dropped out because it was just making me miserable.. I had 1 friend and when she stayed back a year that was it for me. But then again I didn't really have any goals, I was just studying cos I couldn't think of anything better to do with myself. Plus it was a shit college lol