I'm so annoyed

shygirly

We just moved to a new state(my husband is in the military so we move a lot)
I'm trying to make friends and be friendly with everyone and I think I'm doing well. I don't like having social anxiety and I especially don't like people to know I have it,I feel like people think you are strange and feel uncomfortable around you if you are shy. Well, I get a knock at the door and one of my neighbors is like "Your husband told us that you are extremely shy,and that we should invite you to do stuff" My husband always tells everyone that I'm shy and have very little friends before I even get a chance to make any kind of impression and it pisses me off!! I want people to like me for who I am and I absolutely despise pitty. Am I over- reacting? Would this annoy you?

Noca

Banned
Your husbands intentions are good but his results are bad. Talk to him about your problem. Communication is key in a healthy relationship.

JCS008

Absolutely not, you definitely are no overeacting. I'm sure it was in your husband's best interest to do what he did, but I completely udnerstand the feeling you must have had. You only get to make a first impression once, and already your neighbor's first impression of you is that you're shy and don't have many friends. Of course you don't know how they really feel about you, but it does get very annoying if someone is pittying you or looking at you differently because you may have SA.

smff73

It would annoy me definitely, however you need to bear in mind he certainly didn't do it with a negative outcome in mind! :) Maybe he thinks that breaking the ice on your behalf is what you want. As Noca said his intentions are obviously good, just his way of going about it isn't so good. You need to talk to him about your SA, is he aware of it?

So before you go throwing a wobbly at him, explain your circumstances to him, hopefully he won't do it again!

violentvalentine

That would def piss me off hon. My husband would get choked out jk. He had good intentions. Tell him no sex for a week lmao JK Were the people real cool with you?

shygirly

LOL! You're awesome Violent. Yeah,some of us girls in the neighborhood have gotten together,but still it's awkward. I'm planning an 80's party to invite all my neighbors,people tend to bond over booze :)

JCS008

I guess cause no one ever does 90s parties. But yes, you can't go wrong with an 80's themed party.

doesit

shy girl next time you move places go to your new neighbors and tell that the guy you are living with is gay or smth :D that will theach him a lesson (just jooking)
just speak with him :)