I'm really anxious (more than normal)

Isolated_Writer

I'm about to enter a new school program which I anticipate to be very stressful and lots of hard work. I'm so afraid that I won't be able to do well or that in the end it won't be worth it.

I will disappoint everybody I know if I do badly but it will be even worse if I try to get out of this all together. I was feeling pretty confident until I now that I feel like I don't have the skills to succeed both because I lack the social skills to ask for help but I also feel like I'm not as good student as I thought I was.

I'm sorry. This hardly has anything to do with my SA anymore, I just need someone to say this to.

TL;DR I've basically failed and I haven't even started.

ImNotMyIllness

Normally, I do very well in school. The class that I'm taking now, not so well. I've been so depressed, I end up doing the assignments the night before when I'm half asleep.
I just can't seem to get it together. I'm late for class half the time too!

I know how you feel. Just work hard.....I need to do that as well. Back to my assignment.

mozart87

hey, just let the **** happen.
I was also anxious before second year of college ..I had to start some apart course from my specialization and so have new colleagues.
it was a mess but what matters is that I graduated!
I was too lazy to improve social skills...but I dont regret it. those kids wore some kind of stupid themselves!
I think more and more that social anxiety isn't just something from within.
It has a lot to do with the people you face!
maybe you will be luckier than I was! good luck!