I'm new here.

Monicaa89

Hi, i'm Monica. I'm only 18 years old, and I feel like panic attacks have taken over my life. I'm hoping to come here to get some reassurance that i'm not alone. I started having them in May '07 when my step-father passed away. I think that may be the cause of them. He died from overdosing on pills, in his sleep. Now the times when my panic attacks are the worst is when i'm trying to sleep. Could that be the reason why?

Sometimes they can get really bad and I feel like i'm trapped, or that i'm going to die. I just feel like nobody in my house understands, and that's why i'm here, hoping someone can help me.

I refuse to take pills anymore, whenever I do, I get a really bad panic attack, and start shaking and crying, eventually throwing the pill back up.

Does anyone else have any similar situations?

johnyboy

hello! panic attack really is difficult but when you realize it you will laugh believe me.Panic attack is not an illness its "all in our minds" i went to hospital because of it i went through a lot of test but im 100% healthy thank god for it,its all panic attacks believe me you can fight it because your enemy is YOU..learn to control your self visit this site it helps me somehow WWW.PANICEND.COM.and also visit church it helps a LOT.bless you. :D always think panic attack wont kill you,you have an attack because your scared to die right? dont be scared when your not scared you wont have an attack.

TheDavePhan

Hey, I know exactly how you feel. Mine are worst when I am first waking up though. I've had anxiety for 10 years and the only thing that has helped my symptoms is prozac. It has by no means cured me completely but it makes it easier for my mind to face panic. Panic attacks are the scariest thing I have ever experienced. I wouldn't wish this on anyone (even some people I dislike ALOT). You are definately not alone! Mine have gotten so bad I'm actually having panic attacks because I am fearing having another panic attack (irony?)