im just ranting on about HH

wetk

this is my first post on here Yes its that time of year again while the majority of ppl enjoys the summer days and nights I absolutly dread this time of year. The horrible feeling i get in my stomach that ive got to go through this another day, the horrible clammyness i have as i type this words. Looking out the window the sun shines on the people in the street just getting on with their lives. Yet why do i feel it rains on me every damn day. Im stuck in a invisible bubble where i cant get out and no one can enter. Look doc just do the hand transplant and ill be fine..... I wish

wetk

my finger slipped on the keyboard :oops:

though its not funny at times i have to laugh out how my HH varies in certian situations from cold and clammy to its extreme of large oozing beads of sweat coming out my pores leaving its evidence on anything ive touched

naturally its only worse when i dont need it to be but it can be just as bad when im chilling at home...... it amazes me in the medical world they can do organ transplants, breast augenmentation :roll: (unless its a reduction) bring people back from death.. but cannot cure HH well it can be argued thats not too bad cos they cant cure cancer which is worse.

You know what I have and am going through i would not wish on anyone.... damn this is herieditry.. if i was fortunate enough to have a child would they have to suffer as i have. Thats something that i would have to think long and hard about though theres no guaranntee they would get it.

The ex girlfriend whos comments will stay with me for a long time
"ewwwwwwh whats wrong with you"
"why are you so nervous all the time?"
"i dont think you're well"
I know you unsympathetic b%^&*h its called HH go look it up sometime!
things like that can really affect a guys confidence.

the doctor " doc i think ive got HH
let me see your hands oh well yes its pretty bad ill book you in for a ETS consultation you'll be fine in no time its an outpatient appointment same day you'll leave the hospital and youll be as good as new.....but he forgot to tell me about the side effects.

as its waterfall season for my hands feet and armpits I always get weak at this time of year and keep thinking I should opt for the chop well cut or is that clamp (ETS) but I know my body well i think id be much worse off.

The pills (robinul) arent working effectivly on the area i need them to... my hands and i dont want to be impotent (side effect of large doses)... i have to ask the consultant for any other reasonable options if there are any left im at the end of my wits end now i just know they are gonna say its up to u but the only other alternative is ETS.

ive put this on here as its what has been swirling in my head at this time it may not make sense but i had to get it out somewhere i would have written it on paper but that would have been a waste of time as im a palmar HH sufferer :(

there i feel a tiny bit better now

if you wanna resopnd or have a rant yourself pls do

thank goodness for sites like this :)

zzenn

My wife suffers from Palmar Hyperhidrosis too, or sweaty hands as she calls it. It's incredibly debilitating and quite severe. Her hands literally drip. They're not just moist. And it isn't when it's hot either. She spends quite a bit of time in a cool air conditioned room and her hands still make like it's raining.

I'm a bit insensitive to it, being I tell her it doesn't bother me. Sometimes she takes it as if I don't care about her problem if I say "It's fine for me." when all I mean is that it doesn't make any difference to me if her hands are sweaty or not. In fact, and I might get some flak for this, I think it's a little cute.

Obviously it's a major issue for her and I wish I could do something for her. I am seriously wanting to buy the idromed 4, but when she asked how much it costs, and I foolishly told her, she refused to let me spend that kind of money on it. (I do have the money, it's just she comes from a poor background and I'm regular middleclass and we probably view finances a bit differently).
If I'm persisitent about getting it for her she gets mad. Instead she suggests something like the drionic, which I know will be a pain in the neck for her, mostly because of the limited coverage (considering her severe case) as well as all the costly replaceables.

Sometimes I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place. I REALLY want to help her, and I know how much she suffers. On the other hand, I don't want to betray her trust by going directly against what she tells me and getting it for her anyway.

What's a guy to do....

wetk

Ive actually posted a few times on the ESFB website.

No i think iontopheresis is the only method i have yet to try. i have wanted to try it (I live in the UK and tried to get a machine on a trial basis but have been unfortunate in obtaining one. I dont want to buy a machine only to find its ineffective for me. But then again i wont know till i try.

zzenn i feel sorry for you and your wife, as i have no knowledge of these machines your best bet is create a post and ask the questions about the different machines available or is there anyone who can help him out pinker?