i'm back

Chilling__Echo

well guys, i've been to hell and back (and still feeling the heat, not completely out of it yet...). still single and have come to terms with my life. after the breakup i felt i'd lost a best friend, an only friend, and that my "set" life was all mixed up again. it's hard starting completely over. especially when you've been with the person for 3 years.

in all of this i've found that i'm deathly afraid of being alone. the past week i've been in a panic literally 24/7 and depressed. i didn't think it was possible to loose 10 pounds in 5 days. and i'm back on paxil.

but none the less, i'm back on my feet, wobbly, but there. the depression was pure agony ---> that's the ony word i have to accurately describe it.

i don't say all of this out of the need for pity, more to say you guys are inspiring. i'm not a depression sufferer and i don't know how you guys do it. i'm ashamed to have to be on anti-depressants. but if nothing else, i found my drive. i caught myself thinking "i'll be damned if i'll let my own mind bring me down" and refused to lie down and take it.

anyway, thanks for everyone's support there's alot of great people here. i could ramble about this all day but i felt that a conclusion was enough.

Toad

good to see you back, change is always a hard thing to deal with...i've never been in a relationship so i won't pretend to know what you're going through, but i do know that in time you will be fine because you are strong...we all are. I don't think there is anything wrong with being on anti-depressants, especially when you're going through such a major change...if something helps, be happy about it not ashamed. The important thing is that you got help when you needed it, and that is a true inspiration.

Chilling__Echo

yeah, i guess i should just be happy that there is a pill that can help me, others aren't so lucky. thanks :) but i value the whole experience b/c i could feel rather than simply gather what others where feeling in talking about their problems.

also, my laptop's in the shop and i don't know how to fix the pop-up blocker thing on my mom's computer (and i can see pop ups being blocked) so i'm not getting pms right now

GettingThere

Hi C/E, glad to see that you are back.

If you want to read those pm's, just hold down you're control button whilst you refesh you screen. They will appear.

Angie_05

Welcome back chilling echo. I know how you feel, I've been there before a few years ago.

Also a few days ago my boyfriend, whom I live with, told me he is moving across the country to take advantage of a job opportunity. Naturally I thought our relationship was over but then he said he wanted us to date long distance. I'm feeling very hurt right now and sad. i can't believe he's leaving me. I can't go with him until I graduate college. Now I have to move back with my parents and go through every day alone. But I'm hanging in there. I know this is far less scary than breaking up, but I am feeling depression too.

You know, someday you will thank you ex-boyfriend for ending it because you will probably find so many wonderful things to do with your life now.

Remus

Staff member
hey chilling times the best healer

I just been dumped for someone else but was seeing them a month so not too painful

you'll heal soon enough, just take your time, enjoy the single life and explore it, sometimes you just get boxed in in relationships when you have SA and it can often set you free and help to get out of them, especially if thy are stressful

Chilling__Echo

hey angie, that's terrible! i can imagine but just hang on to what you guys have, and things will work out :) and hang in there with the depression, you don't need a break up to feel it that's for sure... but keep your head up, you guys will pull through.

i can see what you're saying Remus, i really had to find myself again. for so long it was me with an attachment and i basically wasted my first year of college with the wrong attitude. sorry to hear your troubles too. even if it was a month, i know it's a downer and an ego killer.

i feel ya masterpiece2, and for the instructor?? geez, i think you're better off where you are now :wink: but i like your attitude, you shouldn't change and you seem to be at peace, that's something that's hard to find.

thanks worrydoll, time_passes_you_by, and GettingThere, your replies genuinely help alot,