I'm back, things are okay?

SadAngelOfLove

Hello, I'm back to this website. Things have been better but I just have a lot of issues. I don't really have a lot of friends. I just feel ugly around my friends, they are pretty. I feel left out because they have many friends other than me and I'm just having this anxiety attack wishing I could change the way I look. What should I do? Has someone felt like this? :sad:

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I'm a guy and I've always struggled with that sort of thing.

I went to a private high school and everyone else just seemed perfect and easy to relate to, for the most part - whereas I was very unattractive and shy. I felt like a third wheel, or a charity case most of the time, and probably missed out on a lot of good memories because of it.

Insecurities like this are particularly tough when we're young.

Steiner

Welcome back. For me I am just trying to focus on improving myself physically through exercise and what not for my low self-esteem about my physical looks. My old friends made me feel like that third wheel though I tend to call it being a fifth wheeled. I mean with three wheels you're at least a tricycle. Eventually I just decided to rid myself of all my friends because it was easier that way. Rather be alone than feel a constant anger at myself and others for not being good looking enough or interesting enough.

Probably not the best way to deal with it but I felt that was what I did in the end anyway by shutting myself away and blocking all contact.

Last edited:

shnbwmn

Welcome back. For me I am just trying to focus on improving myself physically through exercise and what not for my low self-esteem about my physical looks. My old friends made me feel like that third wheel though I tend to call it being a fifth wheeled. I mean with three wheels you're at least a tricycle. Eventually I just decided to rid myself of all my friends because it was easier that way. Rather be alone than feel a constant anger at myself and others for not being good looking enough or interesting enough.

Probably not the best way to deal with it but I felt that was what I did in the end anyway by shutting myself away and blocking all contact.
That's what I did as well with the old friends I had. I figured it would be better to have no friends than ones which only brought me down. Not easy to start over, but without the old negativity it is easier to really get in touch with myself and my issues.

Steiner

That's what I did as well with the old friends I had. I figured it would be better to have no friends than ones which only brought me down. Not easy to start over, but without the old negativity it is easier to really get in touch with myself and my issues.

Yes, things have definitely become more clear. I can see why people in the past become old hermits. It can help to get away from everyone.