Im a punching bag...

Tryin

My god, that must have been hard times. I'm so sorry (I know I've been taking goes at you for what I believed to be negativism, but being called (and treated like) a punching bag would probably make a bit of self-deprecating negativist out of everyone).

You want to write more? (I am listening.) How did you cope?

(Sorry if I come across as condescending. I am doing what I can to express what I think. It's just that I am not too good in english... or communication.)

SocialRetahd

I think I let them beat me up and just acted like it was no big deal because I had such a huge fear of being an outcast.

I'm sure a lot of people let bullying go because they fear they will be outcasted. I just wish my dad would have stepped in and ignored me when I told him not to do anything. I know if my son was getting beat up everyday and told me not to do anything for fear of embarrassment that I would have step in and no matter what he thought.

I don't know why he would of taken a 15 year old's advice.

Tryin

Yeah, I've been thinking about how much we rely (and are encouraged to rely) on parents (and other authorities, for that matter) to always have the best judgement and always do the right thing and always be prepared to help us. Unfortunately, that's almost never true. As a result, 15 year olds are being left to cope with violence and humiliation completely on their own. (

I can imagine how you feel, SR. (When I was 15, I developped quite a serious depression, those were real hard times, lots of anxiety, lots of fear and despair, and all my parents did - although I am sure they never meant to hurt me - was calling me weird and misanthropic for not going out.)

Hope you'll manage to take this experience and use it to became a good father yourself. (This world could used some good dads, really it could.)