I'm a complete retard! I feel sooo bad about myself.

I hate myself so much right now.

I work for my dad, taking care of the payroll and payments and other admin duties for his business. Today, I made a bunch of mistakes on a few employee payslips (the paper we give to employees telling them how much their salaries are) and a few employees were livid and in turn dad was angry at me. This is not the first time I made a mistake like this. A few weeks ago I paid someone waaay too much by mistake, luckily the person gave it back but it was a terrifying experience that was just sooooo stupid and unnecessary.

In my defence, I didn't study bookkeeping or anything like that and the only reason I'm doing this job is because I lost my job as a writer. The truth is, though, that the job is not that hard and everything could have been avoided by simply double checking. But doing a job I hate combined with dealing with depression and anxiety is taking a toll on me. I'm overpaid for doing a job I suck at which only makes me shittier about myself. I spend all my spare time trying to start this side business and, in hindsight, that's why I'm such a scatterbrain. I just want to nothing all day, everyday.

This whole thing is made worse because I have so much anxiety around my father. I NEED his approval. I hate making mistakes under the best of circumstances and thats extra worse when its with my father.

I feel like such an idiot. For making those mistakes. For being in a situation where I have to live with my parents (I could've made some wiser decisions). I just hate everything about myself - the way I don't follow through on my plans, how I keep making the same mistakes, ALL the poor decisions in my past, because I'm so stupid and lazy, being spineless. God, I feel like such a waste of space.

Anyways, I don't have anyone else to vent to so I decided to put it out here.

MikeyC

You're beating yourself up a little bit much here. You say that your job does not require too much work but just some double checking. Maybe just a little more concentration will fix these errors, which seem to be small and manageable. :)

What's your side project? Maybe your job bookkeeping could be a means to an end.

You're not an idiot. Give yourself some care and I know you'll do better. :)

dany

When you are not good at something you simply educate yourself to the point where you can do your job easily with no problem. The problem with your father can aggravate if you don't decide to talk to him and tell him your issues related to him and your job. I am sure he will understand and you will feel much better.

ImNotMyIllness

I totally understand where you're coming from. I feel that having SA (among other disorders) I don't have room to make bad decisions, and yet I've made quite a few!

I hate myself as well!