If you're self conscious, then read this....

IceLad

Like most other people on this site, I'm extremely self conscious and paranoid that everyone else monitors everything I do.

While I was on holiday last month, I went to a local restaurant. I went early to ensure that it wasn't that busy. On the last bite of my main meal (by this time it was quite busy), a piece of food got stuck in my throat. I tried to wash it down with some water, but that didn't work and I started choking at my table. I must of been there what seemed like ages, then I ended up rushing out of my chair and past the reception bit, (by this time I was dribbling, coughing like mad and bright red). Fortunately, I recovered in the toilet.

No one barged into the toilet to see if I was okay, no one seemed to bat an eyelid on my return or asked if I was okay, and the watier even asked if I'd enjoyed my meal! So there I was me causing quite a commotion, and no one even noticed. I had a point to prove to myself the next night however, and I went to the same restuarant and had the same meal, this time 'successfully'.

It proves to me that maybe, just maybe, no one is watching my every move or action. Worrying though (lol), I could of choked to death and no one would of cared!

cLavain

Or, we can conclude that they ARE watching, they just don't care if you live or die...

Seriously, though, it was a good story, and you're right, few people are really that interested in us.

maggie

hiya IceLad...sorry to hear you were choking...but kinda nice to hear that others were not watching you and studying your every move enough to notice what happened.... i also get the feeling lots of times that everyone is watching me...especially when i am having a particularly bad time with my anxiety...and all the weird quirks that go with it :evil: ....maybe others don't watch us as much as we think they do ...and hey....it's really cool you can go into restaurant and eat....i think that's brave 8)

Septor

Wow that suck you almost choked Icelad but you illustrate a good point.Most people are to wrapped up in there own problem to think about what's going on around them.So unless your doing something to draw atttintion to your self most people wont even notice you.Apparently even chocking does not draw enough attention to yourself.

I surpose that one of those thing that even if you know it's irrational it still bothers you.One of the thing that comes along with sa.