If there is no real danger, then

Cinn

where does the intial symptom come from

Answer

There are many factors besides danger that can trigger physical symptoms

Strong situational stress, If someone is very stressed, this may produce increased production of adrenaline/non adrenaline. This triggers physical responces. The trigger does not have to be fear

Fast breathers, Sublte hyper-ventilators may be the fast breathing that triggers the anxiety

HperVigliant Normal changes in the body may be intertreted incorrectly. Even if the changes are slight, interpreting them in a negative or the wrong way may trigger anxirty. Some people tend to monitoer their body closwer than others do. For example, someone feels chest pain this person will pay very close attention to it and worry about it and think that they might be having a heart attack.

No known cause. Some perple just have panic attack and they don't know why, It could be emotioms, genetics or bio chemical, whatever the reason they just have panic attacks

Edited to add that I have reached my max of posts for the day. I'll be back tomorrow with more. I do hope this can help people to start understanding that there is help out there for this problem.

Please remember one thing, you are not alone. You are not the only one that is having this problem and there is a cure for panic attacks!

Cinn