If I could have it my way, all of the mirrors in my house would be smashed

MFDunn

I hate seeing myself, in the mirror and in pictures....even my reflection off glass or cars (even tho the windows distort your own image) I freak out if people try to take my picture. I feel like its one of the worst things in the world and is so uncomfortable. I feel like I'm ugly and I feel like I'm always going to be alone.

This sucks.

singing-love

I hate seeing myself, in the mirror and in pictures....even my reflection off glass or cars (even tho the windows distort your own image) I freak out if people try to take my picture. I feel like its one of the worst things in the world and is so uncomfortable. I feel like I'm ugly and I feel like I'm always going to be alone.

This sucks.

Hi MFDunn i really struggle with this as well. I think it has alot to do with levels of self-esteem and self-confidence. I struggle with people in general and the uncomfortable feeling intensifies when i see my reflection in comparison to them or when they try and take a photo.

I know that it seems really bad now but you wont be alone forever, i feel the same way and i am just glad to hear that i am not alone.

I have slowly been trying to overcome this and it hasn't been easy, i have been forcing myself to look longer than a two second glance in the mirror so i can get used to it on my own, just to start.

Steiner

I hate looking in mirrors too. I can't seem to get my hair right at all. I only seem to look okay in black as well. It irritates me and at some point I just say screw it and mess my hair up with my hands and go along with my day.

ImNotMyIllness

That use to sound like me! I'm learning to like myself....and why not?...I'm kind, intelligent, funny..............what are your good qualities? YES, you do have them!

Believe me, that type of thinking will make you miserable. Trying giving it up. I'm going to therapy and it is slowly working.

jaim38

I used to have this avoidance of looking at myself in mirrors, because I know I'm not pretty but I would deceive myself into thinking that I am. Now that I'm older and knowing that social skills trump looks and nobody cares how I look, I don't have this avoidance anymore. Sometimes I look ugly, pretty, normal, etc, which is ok. Also I take comfort in the fact that I don't have all the pressures that come with being pretty.

barbara80

This sucks.

zzzzzzzzzzzzl

I also hate looking at mirrors it just makes me realize how much work I need to feel good about myself the aging processes is so hard for me to accept.

I will be willing to do treatments such as botox as long as my husband will let me .When you have ocd you never know what going to get you down next