Idrostar and cancer

mali112

I currently use the idrostar for my hands and have some concern with the strong current which travels up the hands and to the shoulder when increasing and decreasing the amps of the idrostar. whats the chances that the long term use of the device may cause cancer as current passes through the body. Im concerned that the electrical current passing through our body may interrupt the normal formation of cells and trigger cancer cells.

Leading neurosurgens in Austalia and america think that their is a strong link between placing a Cell phones on our heads and malignant brain tumers, mainly because the incidence of malignant brain tumers have dramatically increased in the last 15 years, coinciding with global use of the cell phone

So my point is if the mobile phone radiation in high doses can cause brain cancer, can the electrical current passing through our body from the use of the idrostar cause cancers such as liver cancer, bowle cancer, lung cancer or other types of cancers.

I suppose that drionic is probably better as the lectrical current only passes from our palms to our fingertips, mainly being localised in our hands

Jezza

I don't think anyone can give a conclusive answer on that. Obviously even if someone who uses ionto gets cancer, it's hard to determine whether or not it's because of the ionto, so this would take long term follow up studies with many, many people.

As far as the telephone issue, I thought the debate was still open on that one. Last I heard there was more incidence of a relatively harmless tumor in the ear with increased use of cell phones but not brain cancer, and the issue is more radiation than current flowing through your body...But with this too, it's very hard to draw conclusions I guess. Even if you just look at the incidences of brain cancers after the intoduction of the cell phone, does that tell you everything? Maybe people aren't dying of other causes anymore (expected lifespan increases all the time) and therefore more people eventually get cancer...Or maybe other environmental influences are important.

I've also heard something about professional athletes receiving electroshock treatment to recover more quickly recently...weird stuff.

Last edited:

hydroman123

Malli112....Do you have any substantial evidence for linking cancer and iontophoresis???? Or is it just a vague fear....youve got me worried dude.

mali112

Look guys Im no doctor and dont have any evidence of this, Im just a humble architect who needs to keep his hand dry as I handle paper all day.
I just wanted to get other peoples thoughts on this. As for the cell phones, 60 minutes in australia had its leading neurosurgeon on, and he said that 20 years ago most of the patient he treated with tumors in the brain, were usually benign. But the trend has reversed, where usually benign tumors are malignant. and the trend is for younger people to have malignant brain tumors.
the options for treating hyperhidrosis is limited, and so I have to continues to use the device or face a wrinkled paper at work and smugged ink : (