Idromed PS or GS?

kingflab

Hey folks,

I'm going to buy an Idromed, and I have a few questions for those of you who use them.

I understand the Idromed PS is a lot less painfull - this is a considerable factor for me as I'll have to use the machine for my armpits (which at the moment itch very quickly with more Hyperhidrosis antiperspirants).

Just how painfull is the Idromed GS to use? I have a high pain threshold - but obviously its the irritation afterwards that causes me problems.

Has anybody had any luck treating their armpits with either machine?

Finally, is it possible that one machine is more effective than the other? I've read a couple of posts by people having trouble getting the PS version to give satisfactory result - though likewise for the GS version too.

Thanks in advanced for any help folks.

wethandsandfeet

I have a PS...not very happy with it. It works on & off - but even when it works it is nothing close to dryness..I'd say no more than 50-60% dryness. Also, the dryness rarely lasts more than 2-3 days. The one good thing about the PS is the pain - hardly any atleast when treating the hands at 15mA or less.

kingflab

Right. I have a brilliant plan.

Markus Bindner offers an 8 week trial for his machines. So, soon as I have the cash at hand I'm going to order the Idromed DC; if it proves to be too painfull or unsuccessful, I'll send it back - wait till I have some extra cash - and then buy the Idromed PC.

Flawless!

If neither works, I'll have to wait till I can afford Botox. And if that doesn't work - sod it, I'm taking a gamble and having ETS.

Fortunately there is about a 6 year gap between now and me being able to afford Botox, heres hoping they find an alternate cure!

-edit- And if all else fails, I'm moving to the south of France, buying a Vineyard, and spending the rest of my life drunk as a skunk whilst indulging on fine French prostitutes. If the powers that be want to screw me over by giving me a disability that has now already ruined my chances for two of the career paths I wanted to take, then I'm sure they can forgive me for making up for it by living a life of hardcore intoxicated whore fests.

wethandsandfeet

Pinker said:
wethandsandfeet said:
I have a PS...not very happy with it. It works on & off - but even when it works it is nothing close to dryness..I'd say no more than 50-60% dryness. Also, the dryness rarely lasts more than 2-3 days. The one good thing about the PS is the pain - hardly any atleast when treating the hands at 15mA or less.

Have you had a similar story with any other machines or is this the only one you've used?

Pinker, the only other machine that I have used is the Drionic - which was totally useless. I had to buy 3 of them over a period of 2 years even for very limited success - but my palmar/plantar HH is so severe that I was willing to try anything short of ETS.

The idromed is no doubt much better, it worked very well when it was first shipped by Markus in August 2007 - I had about 70% dryness by using it over a period of 4 months. However, I discontinued using it in December because I was travelling & since the new year effectiveness has decreased sharply. I even clean my electrode plates regularly to take out the corrosion but it has not helped.

Infact, I have found that sometimes using Ionto actually increases HH. However I suspect that it is not because of Idromed, but rather because of over-frequent use or a amperage setting that is too high. Has any other user experienced this? If so, please post your experience.

hinder87

hey pinker, i forgot to ask, its just the fingertips and the sides of your feet that are sweating again right?

wethandsandfeet

Pinker, do you treat hands & feet at the same time? Or just hands? I have palmar & plantar HH but its really treatment of hands that I am after. The Idromed manual says that treatment will be 'quicker' if both hands & feet are treated together...but I am not sure if they meant 'better' instead of 'quicker'.

wethandsandfeet

Pinker said:
My feet are the same as well, but they sweat a lot more anyway, especially the left side.

Hmm...my right side of the body (hands armpits) sweat a lot more than the left side. I used to wonder if that is normal...but hearing your comment...perhaps it is.