I'd like to talk to cyberspace

Monkeymagic

I'd like to talk to CS about my SP
I used to blush but now I'm just afraid of eating drinking a speaking with or in front of most people. Especially people I've never seen before. If the person is a friend or family member I can usually eat a few bites, drink a few sips (with my back turned) and say a couple of words. To a stranger I'm usually frozen or shaking.

Luckily not many people have noticed yet. I still have my job (eat alone) friends (I'm never hungry) Family (they've got no choice).

I feel like a retarded mentally deficient imbecile. For example; if I go to a party- then I look like an introvert hiding in a corner nodding to the extroverts who have found me an excellent listener as I don't talk back.

The irony is, because I look alright on the surface, people are scared of me- they think I won't talk or eat with them because I'm a snob or an arrogant bitch.

The truth is if I eat or drink with them I will probably shake so much they'll end up with mash potato in their eye and wine up their nose because I'm the one afraid.

sweetsour_eisha

i don't have problem eating in public..although i do feel that there's eyes on me staring and judging, i'm still ok even though a little uncomfortable..but nope no shaking..it's more like depending on the day and my mood.. when the time comes when i wake up in the morning feeling fresh, i will just go and have the day per normal...but it stinks when my anxiety resurface..i'll just dread the day like there's a heavy metal chained on my ankles..i guess some ppl do trigger my nervous system..becoming the anxious me..
lately i have problems to start the day..u know getting up.. out from my bed..negative thoughts keeps settling in..
neither do i have problem with strangers..i can communicate,introduce myself ok..but after one or two days..i'll just stumble and stutter with my words..it's more of the ppl that i've already know..i'll be like..trying very very hard to have sth to talk about...
have u ever tried eating in front of the mirror..? u know, like looking at your own reflection, maybe..that can be some sort of a practice for u.. eating in front of u first.. than slowly overcome it by being in the same table with ur family or someone close to u? u know.. step by step..
i wish u well.. :) and don't worry one day we'll get over anything we can't today.. :wink: try to stay positive coz i'm trying..

Monkeymagic

I tried the mirror thing with pretend food but maybe I'll try it with real food tomorow- good idea. Thanks.
:lol:

Monkeymagic

PS

PS Don't worry about the people you already know- Just ask them lots of questions so they spend the time thinking about themselves. Works for me.

qipuqipu

The internet says hi ^^

I can totally sympathise with what you go through at parties. Well, actually, for me, I tend not to get into conversations at all. I suppose all the extraverted people are talking to people who are less defensive. Heh, it does mean I get all the snacks to myself :wink:

You shouldn't have to feel guilty about behaving the way you do - it's not your fault. If people don't get why you do what you do, they don't. It might hurt, but at least you won't be beating yourself up about it. S'the way I think anyway.

Monkeymagic

Thanks

Thanks Dude,
PS do you know how to find out if someone's replied to your post? Do you just have to search through them all?

Allucard

I know how you feel :(. When i used to work at my fathers factory i didnt like eating in front of all the people there.

I wouldnt have any lunch everyday which then made everyone feel sorry for me i guess. Resulting in everyone offering to buy me lunch drinks ect which i kept refusing lol was a vicous cycle unfortunately :(.

I sort of follow your eating rule monkeymagic heh if i am by myself with no one i know i prefer to eat alone :p. With friends i try not to eat very much, and with my family i only feel comfortable eating with my parents/siblings.

Sempfy

I am exactly the same, it sucks so bad. :( Over the years I've developed this fear of vomiting, due to having done so in public a few times before. I don't know how many times my mates have asked me to like, go to Maccas or KFC or whatever and I just had to decline, even if I was starving! :? I just feel like everyone's watching me, and I just sweat, tense up and feel totally horrible and sick to the stomach. I often eat in my room at home too, which probably seems weird to my mates. :? I believe I am getting slightly better over time though.. but it's a sloooww process, that's for sure.

testobot

worrydoll said:
ummm does anyone subscribe to new scientist because this is article looks really good but i dont have any money to get a subscription. sorry its not exactly thread related i didnt want to put it on off topic cause not many people read it.
http://www.newscientist.com/channel/info-tech/mg18925406.700

yes, sorry this thread is unrelated. Hmmmm... I would help you out but I am going to Vietnam on march 15. Have you ever seen this site:

http://www.world-science.net/ ?

Some mysterious benifactor added me to his group. It's pretty cool stuff.

lovemylas

That's very interesting, worrydoll! :D I have had my speculations for years that people are biologically changing from the way they once were. I think our richer, cleaner diets, fewer overly-strenuous activities, and the numerous intellectual stimuli we experience everyday are causing our minds to change.

You could compare it I guess to that crazy theory about why stone age people came to use tools to better their daily lives. They started cooking their food. :wink: