IBS?

zoooo

Does anyone here have Irritable Bowel Syndrome?

It's apparently quite common, and somehow related to GAD (General Anxiety Disorder).

How long've you had it, and how does it affect you?

young

oooh oooh..... pick me... pick me... ooooh oooh... PAWEASE!

:lol:

and to answer this question, yes. It is the root of all my problems. And the one thing i haven't conquered.

young

what was the question? :?

i've had it for a long time now.. Most of my life. It keeps me from going on longs trips. Only cause i kow that i have to use the bathroom constantly. And having the feeling of not being able to get to a bathroom.

It's affected my relationship. Since that's really the only time i've ever really needed to travel or go long places.

4myself

Thats fascinating that it has been linked to general Anxiety disorder. May I ask where you got that information from as I would love to read more about it myself.

Crimefish

I don't have IBS, but I do have Crohn's disease, which is worse. I win! Heh, just kidding. No one with bowel problems is a winner.
It affects my life as much as anything can. I don't go out, I missed the last 3 years of school, I can't work. So I'm basically disabled because of it. And i've had it for three years, since I was 14.

young

i knew someone who had crohns. Tho it didn't disable her life all that much. She still lived a somewhat normal life.

God thought it would be really funny to give me social anxiety AND IBS- so YAY for life...

I think the IBS actually may have started my social anxiety (and past agoraphobia) I remember having pain and "accidents" in grade 1. I'm 31 and still feel ashamed of this problem- I'm glad someone mentioned it though. I feel better already!

chicagoanxiety

Hi Zooo, I had a terrible case of IBS when my anxiety was at it's worse. Some days I'd be constipated, other days diarreah, bloating ect. I had to learn ways of relaxing and releasing pent up anxiety, and eventually the symptoms began to decrease. I also avoided foods with a lot of fat and sugar.

renegade

I don't think I have IBS, but i do had constipation followed by dyarrhea. But what bothered me most was the bloating, I was like a balloon, I'd feel the need to fart all the time to release the presure. At school that was not possible, so I just got stomach aches keeping all that gas in me, but thank god it's over now...disgusting subject, aaa ? i'll stop here :oops:

Claireabell

Just like Crimefish, I have Crohns Disease and it sucks big time.

Just like IBS everybody is different in what they experience.

When I get stressed it definately plays up and I am still convinced that the levels of stress I used to be under contributed to the Crohns. :(

I was diagnosed with IBS *before* I was diagnosed with Accute Anxiety Disorder. This was years ago and I don't seem to have the IBS any more. I think maybe it was just a phase I went through on my way to some other symptoms. :p

nfg75

i have ibs, it sucks. it causes so much anxiety for me. i get really bad cramping pains and i panic over it. it sounds like something stupid to get so crazed over but i cant help it.