I wonder how many people here like Evangelion

WastedPotential

I'm re-watching this series for the first time in years, not quite as enthralled with it as I was when I was 17 but it's still brilliant. The reason a lot of people are fans of the show is because they relate to the characters -- the main one who is depressed, love/hates his father and gets socially anxious/isn't sure what to do in social situations.

and then I realized, shit, I bet a lot of people here love this too.

so?
i seriously can't wait for the first Rebuild movie to come out in american theaters this november. it's been out in japan for a long while, but i can hold out for a few more months..

WastedPotential

not to say you have to be an anime nerd to enjoy it, because hey, I'm not, I just like quality programming!

It's just a depressing kind of show with few uplifting moments. the entire final episode is meta and is about the main character finally realizing he can be who he wants to be, it doesn't matter what others think about him, because he'll still retain his individuality -- it's a 'coming of age' story in the end.

just figured a bunch of socially anxious/depressed people would have liked this show. if you're interested in the slightest, check it out somehow, I'm sure you all would like it..