I won tickets to a game - No one to go with though

PhantomPod

So, there was a raffle at my work today, for 2 football tickets, and I just decided to enter it.... and ended up winning! Except I wasn't even all that excited about it because I knew that I would have no one to go with and that I would probably end up not going and that people at work the next day would ask how the game was and I would have to act like everything was fine and dandy and that I had a grand old time.

I asked my dad, but he has to work tonight. I knew that, but I stupidly had a little bit of hope that maybe he would call in sick so that he could go with me. But nope, of course not.

I asked my brother. He said he would go, but did not sound very thrilled about it on the phone. Then when we both got home from work it started raining and he was acting all wishy-washy about going and finally said that he didn't want to go.

So now I sit here alone with two unused tickets, trying to think up what to say when my co-workers ask me tomorrow how the game was.

Why does my life suck so much? Seriously. I just can't even wrap my mind around it. If my own dad and brother won't do anything with me, why the hell would anyone else want to? I hate my life so much. It's unreal.

Something that would be so fun and exciting for someone else just sucks for me. WTF!? My mom was just like, "oh, it's raining anyhow and there's a lot of traffic," trying to make me feel better or something, so now I have to act all like I'm not bothered by not going, when really it hurts so fucking badly to not have anyone to do this with. Have I said that I hate my life so much? Yeah. :(

EDIT: Now my dad just called saying that he can go with me. I'm pretty fucking positive that my mom called him and ripped him a new one for shooting me down the first time. How pathetic is my life that my mom has to yell at my dad to make him go with me? It's laughable, in fact. Whatever, I still feel like absolute shit and hate my life, but hopefully once I get to the game I have a good time.

aboobooboobooo

Just work up the courage to go by yourself. I've been in that situation before and I was nervous as fuck but when I got to the game i realized that a bunch of people go by themselves. In fact the guy I sat next to went by himself and he doesn't look like a guy who suffers SA.

dan_e

I have to act all like I'm not bothered by not going, when really it hurts so fucking badly to not have anyone to do this with.

Same here Phantom. I know exactly how you feel. You end up having to ask people you really don't want to go with, and who really don't want to go with you. And they blow you off too. Then the next day people ask if you had a good time etc. What are you supposed to say? If you say you went alone they act like you're weird and if you stay home they act like you're weird. Its a no-win situation.
I can't take it anymore. There is absolutely nothing to look forward to.
:evil:

Schmoo

I can relate to this and it sucks that u miss out on things b/c of not having someone to do it with. I wanted to go to a concert sooo badly, and got my sis to go, but she sort of taunted me by waffling, just as I was standing in line to buy tickets. When I hear about contests for tickets, i never bother entering for this reason. And I feel embarrassed when people talk freely about what they did on their free time, so I even make up stuff not to look weird.

Just curious, why didn't your mom go w/you?

sketchy24

I know how you feel. One of my favorite metal bands (Kamelot) is gonna be playing near by and I wanna go to the gig soo bad but I don't have anyone to go with. Guess I'll just have to settle with their live DVD sitting on my shelf.

PhantomPod

I did end up going to the game with my dad and I had a decent time. My mom couldn't go because she had a class to teach. But after my dad and brother blew me off at first, I sort of started crying to my mom about not having friends. She was all like, "oh well, it's raining, there's lots of traffic, etc maybe next time" while I'm just like, "you don't even get it." It's like, "wake up mom, I'm not as confident and comfortable by myself as you seem to think!" I fucking hurt inside everyday with having nothing to do and no friends to do things with.

I mean, I like my parents and have a good relationship with them, but it is just sad that they are basically my only friends.

estelle

I fucking hurt inside everyday with having nothing to do and no friends to do things with.

^hey man, i soool feel u. And what even makes it WORST is when your brother or sister has LOADS of FRIENDS and loves to BRAG about it.
ack, this sucks :roll: