I was prescribed a different kind of medicine to stop sweat.

HHcry

I went to a doctor that saved my mother's life 30 years ago when he diagnosed her with graves disease after my mom insisted upon it.

Anyway... So I went to him and he told me that even if I had hyperhidrosis, he has had people in the past come to him and for all of them, he has stopped the excessive sweating.

I was skeptical, but listened to him anyway. I did the testing which he insisted on and what I had already known became apparent to him... I have HH.

Immediately after he says it, he says that he will give me a prescription for Beta Blockers, (Inderal LA) and within a week it should start showing it's effects. He also said that as long as you stay on it which he said as long as I needed.. even my entire life, it would continue to stop the excessive sweating.

Inderal is heart medicine.. like any beta blocker, but he is an experience doctor and had ensured both my mother and myself that nothing abnormal would happen unless I had a history of asthma, which I don't.

Well it's been about 5 days and I feel like I had before hyperhidrosis. I HIGHLY suggest talking to a doctor about this. One pill at the same time every day. It's so easy!

Hope I help other people~~~

EDIT:
Noticed beta blockers are on the remedies list already. It only says for stress though and that is not true. It slows the heart rate and calms you whether you are stressed or not. Also.. blocks the beta receptors which receive chemical impulses from the body which for one stops a few different causes aside from stress/anxiety for HH.

As I said before, please try this. This doctor has had a 100% success rate in stopping hyperhidrosis when he prescribed Inderal.

I've tried beta blockers before and all they did was almost send me to sleep! Must have been because they reduce the heart rate so I would be very careful (when driving etc).

So has it been working very well for you?

HHcry

Mmmhmm and luckily they don't make me too tired.

This *hopes and prays* could be my miracle cure!

klamm76

I was just wondering what kind of HH you have HHcry?
I have hands and feet.

Never have tried betablockers myself because most people whith HH say that its not helping.

Dont think personly that anxiety is the cause for my HH but when I start to sweat for no reason I get anxius and then I sweat even more.

If there had been a medicine that activates the parasymphatic nervesystem and get control of the symphatic system.But I dont want it do be some cind of antidepressive medicine because I dont suffer from either depression or anciety even if I often get depressed because of this HH diseas and cronic stumachproblem that I also have.

Offcourse it is bothering my mind too have this diseases but still I will not let it to stop me to live my life.

I have a job,girlfriend,friends my own apartment,car etc, and try to make the best of it.

Maybe I will try out this betablocker ?

Im glad to here that its working good for you HHcry:)

HHcry

*Sorry* -exhausted.. not thinking 100% at the moment so this may not be fluent-

Some of this I said before, but it should answer your question.

um... beta blockers slow the heart rate and the small things that go along with it.. so stress naturally is stopped.. and it also stops the overload of beta signals throughout the body.. (go figure :p)... and sweat glands have the beta signal receptors.

So really.. My HH wasn't caused by stress either.. at least that is what the doctor had decided with me, but when I start sweating, yea I got anxious about it, the problem is much more controllable now though.

To give an example.. 4 days ago, I had college orientation and it was about 90 degrees outside. I was able to walk around and sit through the presentations without sweating. But if I go to workout, I still do naturally on my forehead and neck area.

I think you should try it. The doctor who prescribed them for me saved my mom's life back in 1977 or so when he diagnosed her with Graves disease after a few other doctors said she had nothing wrong.

He knows much more than other doctors when it comes to endocrinology.

He has even told me when he had prescribed me the beta blockers that he had people come to him in the past with hyperhydrosis and all of them were able to be cured/assisted with beta blockers... and even if the low mg dose that he gave me didn't work, he would be able to prescribe a stronger one if necessary.

I think the key is patience with them... He prescribed me 90 pills with a few refills where I take 1 a day and he said it could take a week to a few weeks before I see a noticeable difference, but I realized the hot/cold feeling I got before sweating went away within the first week.

Definitely try them if you haven't yet, I mean... it's better to try a medicine or something that has a good chance of working rather than buying a drionic machine or that topical stuff that takes forever to apply.

~~As I said before, I am exhausted so I don't know how fluent this is.

holypaulie

HHcry said:
*Sorry* -exhausted.. not thinking 100% at the moment so this may not be fluent-

Some of this I said before, but it should answer your question.

um... beta blockers slow the heart rate and the small things that go along with it.. so stress naturally is stopped.. and it also stops the overload of beta signals throughout the body.. (go figure :p)... and sweat glands have the beta signal receptors.

So really.. My HH wasn't caused by stress either.. at least that is what the doctor had decided with me, but when I start sweating, yea I got anxious about it, the problem is much more controllable now though.

To give an example.. 4 days ago, I had college orientation and it was about 90 degrees outside. I was able to walk around and sit through the presentations without sweating. But if I go to workout, I still do naturally on my forehead and neck area.

I think you should try it. The doctor who prescribed them for me saved my mom's life back in 1977 or so when he diagnosed her with Graves disease after a few other doctors said she had nothing wrong.

He knows much more than other doctors when it comes to endocrinology.

He has even told me when he had prescribed me the beta blockers that he had people come to him in the past with hyperhydrosis and all of them were able to be cured/assisted with beta blockers... and even if the low mg dose that he gave me didn't work, he would be able to prescribe a stronger one if necessary.

I think the key is patience with them... He prescribed me 90 pills with a few refills where I take 1 a day and he said it could take a week to a few weeks before I see a noticeable difference, but I realized the hot/cold feeling I got before sweating went away within the first week.

Definitely try them if you haven't yet, I mean... it's better to try a medicine or something that has a good chance of working rather than buying a drionic machine or that topical stuff that takes forever to apply.

~~As I said before, I am exhausted so I don't know how fluent this is.
Can I ask you, what dosage are you on right now ?

darknight

HH be glad that your mom insisted that you get help Om still trying to get optons to help me so that I can be happy.

HHcry

Well she wasn't insistent, but she knew how much it bothered me and was with me all the way to get it fixed...

Dosage... 60 mg

Doctor said if it didn't work he would give me a stronger dose, but that wasn't the case :D

klamm76

Hi again HHcry.

You answered some of my questions,thanks:). But still wonder where you sweat/have HH?
Have a couple of more questions if you dont mind.

Now its been over 2 weeks sinse you started, how does the beta blockers working for you now.?

Are you 100% sweatfree at the moment or is the sweat just reduced?

You are writing that the beta-blockers is reducing the heart-rate and some small things along,and that on the list for betablockers it said it was working against stress.

Well it still seems to me that it would work best for people whith anxiety/stress syndroms.I think that for some people anxiety is only the reason for their sweatingproblems and they dont have true HH.But maybe I am wrong.Just know that many people sweat because of anxiety alone.

The Dr. said you could use betablockers for the rest of your life whit no danger as long as you didnt have astma.Isnt there anymore side-effects along whith betablockers on short term or even more important long term of use?

Hope its still working for you,and it doesnt realy matter why its working only that it is working and whit NO dangerous side-effects:).

Im just tired of trying different things,to spray on me or put in my mouth,I am using ionto at the moment.Its working realy well,but im no 100% satisfaied.Still sweat a bit and its irritating to use all the time and take it whith me everywhere I go/travel.

So I am still looking out for other better alternatives.