I was mortified !!!

terrified

My husband went out of country on Friday Morning for a business trip. I have 2 little boys in kindergarten and 2nd grade. Yesterday, Saturday, we stay home all day. Today, I couldn't bring myself to take them to the church we have been attending for a couple of weeks. We had a service at home.

Kids wanted to go out and I took them to a big shopping center near by. We went to a hamburger chain. After we ate, I gave the waiter my credit card and he told me that it was declined.

Yesterday, I tried to use that credit card online, I had the same issue so I called this morning and they told me that they took care of it and I could use my credit card now.

I tried to pay with cash but I only had $22 and the bill was $24.00 I called the credit card company again and they put me on hold for over 12 min. and no telling when it would be cleared. I was getting noticeably anxious by the second.

Oh my God !!!

The restaurant was full with after church crowd. I was already feeling very self-conscious about being there even before the credit card thing happened.

I couldn't take it any more and I called the waiter told him about the situation and told him that I only had $22 and he talked to the manager. He told me that it is ok. I know he was very nice about it. When I told him that I'll bring the money back, he said that it's ok.

It didn't make me feel any better. As I was walking out the restaurant, I noticed that people were quieter and didn't look at me or my boys.

I have never had that happened to me before. It was awful!!!

Helyna

My family had that happen in France. My dad's card worked fine in most places, but some tollbooths on the highway didn't accept it. And we were going to run out of cash if we couldn't use the card - the tolls are very high. So if you get stuck on the highway with no cash and no card, what do you do? One of the workers somehow got it to work, but it was pretty embarrassing and took a long time. Thank god my dad speaks French, or guess who would have had to explain?

Just remember that it ended up all right in the end, and the waiter (and the rest of the people, if they have any sense!) know that you were doing your best. We've all had credit card troubles, right? Maybe some of the people didn't look at you because they were imagining what would have happened if it had been them who had the trouble, or they felt guilty that they hadn't helped. And if you were getting visibly more nervous, well, isn't that to be expected?

terrified

Helyna,

Thanks. Maybe I made a bigger deal out of it than it really was. A day later, I'm not bothered by as much as it did then. I don't think I'll go back to the restaurant again though.

I'm usually don't like any kind of attentions especially from strangers.

Helyna

terrified said:
Helyna,

Thanks. Maybe I made a bigger deal out of it than it really was. A day later, I'm not bothered by as much as it did then. I don't think I'll go back to the restaurant again though.

I'm usually don't like any kind of attentions especially from strangers.

Hey, it's always worst when it's just happened. I think we can all agree on that. :)