I want to have only a girl FRIEND not a lover!

Spfreezes

I realised that I see every girl around me as a potential lover and criticize myself or make an effort to seem to be as a cool, attractive, intelligent guy... and just couldn't be myself. That makes me so bushed and depressive. I'm just trying to find a girl who I can talk only friendly, tell her my feelings and talk about comman events, spend some time together. But when I try to get close to girls I feel like I'm flirting with her and that bothers me and I feel stupid. I hope I could have explained. Do you relate to me?

JonnyD2

Spfreezes said:
I realised that I see every girl around me as a potential lover and criticize myself or make an effort to seem to be as a cool, attractive, intelligent guy... and just couldn't be myself. That makes me so bushed and depressive. I'm just trying to find a girl who I can talk only friendly, tell her my feelings and talk about comman events, spend some time together. But when I try to get close to girls I feel like I'm flirting with her and that bothers me and I feel stupid. I hope I could have explained. Do you relate to me?

probably if you don't look like flirting most people wont think that, i do feel like flirting everytime i speak to some girl , i fill like i'm going to get kicked anytime even when speaking with the cashier.

I know that's hard, but you should just keeep acting natural, if you don't mean to be flirty you probably wont be, if somebody wants to see things that way their problem, what if some girl likes you exactly because you're not trying to get into her pants? would you refuse and go runing away...

i mean, theres so much things that could happen, if you can start making friends naturally, don't let the fear be more proeminent then the possibility of a good experience.

Kien

If you try to be their BF then you will be their friend because girls always becomes friends with nice guys who wants to become their BF. :D

Misterman

Banned
Girls use friends as chumps.
They want a jerk to fuck them in the ass and make them feel like the whores they are.

Spfreezes

Misterman said:
They want a jerk to fuck them in the ass and make them feel like the whores they are.

Don't be a loser. Life is hard for everyone of us. Not only for you. Pull yourself together please.

recluse

I feel as if i am not cool enough for girls to like me, yet if i had to put an act on to appear cool i'd feel like a liar.

kiwimanji

Misterman said:

And girls like that aren't worth having as girlfriends anyway.

Havocan

Kien said:
If you try to be their BF then you will be their friend because girls always becomes friends with nice guys who wants to become their BF. :D

Yeah, if you're using the same approach as a nice guy do but with the intention of becoming just friends you're almost guaranteed to succeed. Just compliment them and "be there" for them. When they start calling you "sweet" etc. you're there.

Dave_McFadden

Spfreezes said:
Unless you're Brad Pitt, not every woman you flirt with is going to want to go out with you. Some women will, some won't. Many of them will like talking to you and think you're a great guy but won't have any romantic interest. That group is where you're going to find your female friends.

Keep in mind that I can't necessarily do any of these things that I say you should do. Consider the source. Although if you can flirt with women in the first place, you're a better man than I, because I haven't figured it out.

recluse

getdeadagain said:
sluts go 4 any guy. how many sluts have you seen today in wales??? Theres heaps of them in swansea about 5000 of them in that town alone

A lot. They are all nice and woolly and eat grass all day.

Angel_Of_Death

The problem with me is I'm not able to be myself around most girls as I am with the guys. I know if I be myself, girls will like me. I have a good personality, I talk well, I look good....

But whenever I'm around girls, anxiety sets in and takes control.
Anxiety is a handicap. I feel crippled.

Spfreezes

Angel_Of_Death said:
The problem with me is I'm not able to be myself around most girls as I am with the guys. I know if I be myself, girls will like me. I have a good personality, I talk well, I look good....

But whenever I'm around girls, anxiety sets in and takes control.
Anxiety is a handicap. I feel crippled.

It seems that your thoughts about propranolol have changed. I think they are useful for me on killing anxiety and now I have been using them for months but I don't have any idea of long term use and Ill try it :roll:

You are just like me. I really really know that there is no reason for being rejected by girls. Im honest, not agressive, have a nice faculity and I think I look good enough but I'm the one who is building a wall between me and girls. I can't be myself, become stressed and I feel as Im inferior and not sufficient for them. What an obsessive mind I have. Maybe I'm a melancholic...

Ember

Spfreezes said:
Misterman said:

Don't be a loser. Life is hard for everyone of us. Not only for you. Pull yourself together please.

I feel the same way with guys as well, that's why i try not to talk to them too much anymore. All i really want is a guy FRIEND but then sometimes i'll have isolated myself from guys for so long that it'll feel weird and that tiny voice in the back of my mind will pop out, "what if this could turn out to be more?". Which is silly because i don't even want it to turn out to be more, i just want a guy friend i can be close to! Anything beyond friendship makes me even more nervous and when that stupid voice pops up wondering if there could be a potential thing - it's over and i can't relax. I feel really stupid. My brothers friends think im weird because usually ill be mute. Then ill go out and try to be one of the guys or the "cool brothers little sister" and they all just go silent, lol. I feel like that kid in the baseball team that's unwelcome.

Spfreezes

Ember said:
Spfreezes said:
Misterman said:

I feel the same way with guys as well, that's why i try not to talk to them too much anymore. All i really want is a guy FRIEND but then sometimes i'll have isolated myself from guys for so long that it'll feel weird and that tiny voice in the back of my mind will pop out, "what if this could turn out to be more?". Which is silly because i don't even want it to turn out to be more, i just want a guy friend i can be close to! Anything beyond friendship makes me even more nervous and when that stupid voice pops up wondering if there could be a potential thing - it's over and i can't relax. I feel really stupid. My brothers friends think im weird because usually ill be mute. Then ill go out and try to be one of the guys or the "cool brothers little sister" and they all just go silent, lol. I feel like that kid in the baseball team that's unwelcome.

But there are lots of married couples out there that are really happy. They get along well together, have a great life and are making great friends too. Although it is a little hard to find the right one i think its possible. The thing that makes our life harder is nothing but the SP. We mustn't look for any other guilties. Otherwise life will be more complicated than we expected.