I want the Panic Away secret.

Livingwithoutlivin

If one of you guys know what it is, please tell me, just PM me. This information should be free, if it's one simple little thing that changes everything than, all of us suffering should know what it is. This disease destroys lives and ends them too.

If anybody knows the secret, please PM me with it.

Helyna

What, not post it here where we can all see it?
I can't trust sites like that. If it was so great, it would be free. I think you'd just pay your money and get nothing.

phoenix1

I read it a while back. It's pretty interesting despite all the affiliates trying to make 40+ dollars off selling it to you.

It's been a while, but the core idea which isn't really unique, is about asking the panic to give you its best shot. Instead of trying to avoid, try to bring it on harder and in doing so it will go away. I believe they call it the 'one move' or something like that. The idea behind it is that a panic attack is essentially fear of fear and you can break the fear once you stop resisting it and instead ask for it.

Most programs follow similar lines of thinking for breaking the fear...some programs like the lindon method advocate blocking or ignoring which I think is dangerous, because panic originates in backlogged stress and emotions. I like the idea of actually 'trying to bring it on' because you acknowledge it and accept it which is what your body is trying to get you to do with a panic attack anyway.

Helyna

That's the secret?? I could have come up with that! And from my reading, too: it's not unique, though they might have worded it uniquely and/or changed the exact focus. I knew it couldn't be so innovative.

SteveW

I can't stand sites like that - I've read through many of them and they just ramble on about the same thing over and over, saying how this method can eradicate your anxiety, how it has done so for x amount of people. At the end of it, you have to hand over loads of money for what is essentially just a tape, or CD, that you relax to.

As above, apparently the 'secret' is to face the fears and attempt to get over them through exposure. Have to say though, I've been trying to since it started, trying to get out and about, but each time I am met with the same old crap, so I do end up avoiding it and thinking I can't get over it...

danstelter

Keep in mind also that not all methods work for all people. There is more to treating anxiety and there are additional methods that can help you recover (like adding exercise, talking to friends, proper dieting, getting good sleep etc...) So, while that may be panic away's special little secret, which is a good tactic, it's hardly worth the $40 they are trying to get out of you for it. They claim it's a "secret" in order to make it seem like you need to have it; it's a marketing technique. Always be cynical if someone is trying to influence you in certain ways in order to get you to buy something. Very often, you can get the same advice or methods for free somewhere else.