I wanna prove everyone that I am strong enough.

Hi,

i'm back from holiday, and it was a good time.
yesterday evening I talked with my ex again, we broke the contact a year ago. She told me , she left me because the pressure of my problems were too much to handle. She couldn't handle my anxiety.
She told me I really changed alot this year, i am much more relaxed, and i dont worry too much.
But deep in my heart, I still am that little anxious girl, who can't even leave the house. But now i step into the wide world again, i been to a theme park (holiday included this theme park) and i been there everyday. I even went going out a night. So that's great.
But still, i'm not the person that I wannabe, I really want to prove everyone that i'm strong enough, and that i can handle all the pain i been through.
but otherwise, some people should not let me down because of my anxiety.
Sadly, anxiety became a part of me, and I don't know how to let that out of my life. I wish I could say all the anxiety goodbye like that girl told me goodbye. But no, It's not that easy. Anxiety beats me all the time.
But i won't say my hope goodbye...

I've lived decades the past few years... And I think that the previous poster is right there.... Don't do things solely to prove to others... or to gain their pleasure. Prove it to yourself. And don't be too hard on yourself if at first you don't succeed... If at first you don't succeed, try, try and try again! :) I'm sure you'll do well in the end!

Ree_Ree

There may always be people who don't always approve of others, then there may be some who may approve, but either way, that shouldn't be what really matters.

What really matters is what you think about yourself. Being strong is not letting others determine who you are by relying on what they think about you. If you have to prove something, prove it to yourself. Then if others happen to agree with you on how strong you are - then great!